Carnival Spirit 10/18/09

RDRYDR

Thanks Rick and John for your info.

I am so excited. I hear Acapulco is not what it used to be a pretty run down. Thanks for the suggestions they look good. Im at work so i gotta be short!

Tanlk soon!,

Mark

Thanks Rick and John for your info.

I am so excited. I hear Acapulco is not what it used to be a pretty run down. Thanks for the suggestions they look good. Im at work so i gotta be short!

Tanlk soon!,

Mark

Mark,

One of us, Rick, spend 9 days in Acapulco in the middle 1980's before

Cancun was established. Acapulco was a very international resort during

that era. There was a Gay beach right next to the then Condesa del

Mar hotel. There was atleast one active Gay bar. Today Acapulco is

showing its age, which is sad. That being said, please see the Cliff divers,

the Cross and the Cathedral. The ship has tours and taxi drivers are very

inexpensive.

Enjoy,

Rick/John

We are all hoping for you to have a successful cruise because we are right behind you babe!

"They" say that the storm season should be fading by the end of October... so the odds are in your/our favor. That bitch Patricia petered out, let's hope Rick is a flash in the pan!

I am going to try to find what is happening to the Spirit this week. That is what we really want to know. That will tell us what them might do if the same circumstances come up while we are asea.

I don't really care if they re-route us to other places in Mexico... just please don't send me to Ensenada or Catalina. :( I can drive to Ensenada in 45 minutes... last cruise I didn't even get off the ship.

We need to find out what is happening to the Spirit THIS WEEK.

We are all hoping for you to have a successful cruise because we are right behind you babe!

"They" say that the storm season should be fading by the end of October... so the odds are in your/our favor. That bitch Patricia petered out, let's hope Rick is a flash in the pan!

I am going to try to find what is happening to the Spirit this week. That is what we really want to know. That will tell us what them might do if the same circumstances come up while we are asea.

I don't really care if they re-route us to other places in Mexico... just please don't send me to Ensenada or Catalina. :( I can drive to Ensenada in 45 minutes... last cruise I didn't even get off the ship.

We need to find out what is happening to the Spirit THIS WEEK.

I provided information regarding the Mexican Rivera and Acapulco to be

helpful and provide information which is valid .

In, our opinion, there is alot of misinformation and just false information out there. Regarding the Gay community, there are vendors, who in our opinion, have hidden agendas.

In our opinion, individuals have had bad and in our opinion

dangerous experiences due to these vendors.

Sorry we tried to provide valid information.

Perhaps I haven't had enough coffee this morning, or perhaps you have had too much. To what are you referring to, and why are you quoting me? :confused:

I am asking about weather reports and I don't believe you have said one word about weather... so if you think I am talking about you with a generic "they," get over yourself.

If not, well let's just move on. You have contributed well to this board you have been thanked your contributions. Thank you :) Perhaps you misunderstand. If you know anything about how Carnival is responding to Tropical Storms now off the Mexican Riviera, that contribution will be appreciated as well.

I think you are a little quick to flame out on others.... :(

Apollo:

I just went back and re-read every post from the beginning just to make sure I wasn't missing something.

My guess is that you are not aware that in the recent days Tropical Storm Patricia emerged and ebbed, and now Tropical Storm Rick is presently building and headed toward land.

That is no reference to you. Tranquillo.

All's well.... :)

It is our mistake....

For background, on several times in the past on various CC threads

we have tried to be helpful and received backhanded negative responses.

We simply misunderstood...

That being said, we both truly hope all of you guys have a really

great times on your Mexican cruise.

Best Regards,

Rick & John

Thanks for getting back to us! :cool: The real problem is for that this week Tropical Storm Rick may be becoming Hurricane Rick. If there are any diversions, I wonder where they will send the us?

Hurricane Rick powers through Mexican Pacific

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:38am EDT

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Hurricane Rick gathered power off Mexico's Pacific coast Saturday and could become a top Category 5 storm as it heads toward resorts on the Baja California peninsula next week.

"Extremely dangerous Hurricane Rick is continuing to strengthen ... Rick could become a Category 5 hurricane later today or tonight," the U.S. National Hurricane Center said, referring to the five-step Saffir-Simpson scale.

Hurricane Rick, the seventh hurricane of the eastern north Pacific season, was located about 280 miles southwest of the resort city of Acapulco with maximum sustained winds near 145 mph with higher gusts.

The center projected the hurricane turning toward the Mexican coast Tuesday and slamming into Baja California on Thursday, also dumping heavy rain on the mainland.

Pacific storms pose no threat to Mexico's large oil industry in the Gulf of Mexico, but the Baja California peninsula is popular with U.S. tourists for its resorts in the Los Cabos area.

Kenito,

I'm on the RollCall and the same crusie as you and your group. With the hurricane possibly hitting Acapulco on Thursday and us scheduled to stop there 7 days later I'm not too concerned. Of course it could cause a lot of damage and that would be a bummer. I feel bad for the folks leaving tomorrow though.

Dave

According to what I have seen, it will not hit land until Thursday, as you said, but much farther north... in Baja Sur and perhaps cross the Sea of Cortez. Unless something changes the 10/18 sailing appears to be the one with the most potential of being effected.

Here's what Carnival says about Hurricanes:

What about hurricanes?

Hurricane season encompasses the months of June through November. Due to the unpredictable nature of hurricanes it may not be possible to give information about itinerary changes in advance of the sailing. Carnival's main priority is the safety of our guests and crew, as well as the vessel. It is rare for a cancellation to occur due to an impending hurricane. In some instances an itinerary deviation is implemented to avoid a storm. Hurricanes have been known to change their course drastically at the last minute. Guests that have any questions should contact our Reservations department the day prior to sailing, as that is when we will have definitive information. We will always make decisions that assure the cruise experience will be a great one and that all on board are totally safe.

I am told that IF there are changes to port destinations, they will post a TRAVEL ALERT on the homepage. There is none posted today.

You may call Carnival at 1-888-Carnival; the Travel Hotline for use this close to the sail date for travel emergencies: 1-877- 885-4856; or their e-solutions line: 800-327-9501 if you need help on-line during business hours.

If you want to try to locate where the Spirit is:

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=3FPR9

It seems to be on normal course today... heading north off the coast of Baja Sur.

Hope this helps and that your questions can get answered. Again... we are hoping for you guys to have a "as planned" cruise. But remember... any day at sea is a good day!

EP2009W5_NL_sm2.jpg.4fb8f0652518ff5aa65e42021cd8d3dd.jpg

Sorry Ive been away a couple days. Getting ready takes longer than I was expecting. Well we can only hope for the best. If Ricks path stays where it is at we may be able to slip by him and get south before he heads further east. If they stay the course we would be passing Cabo early Tuesday, a day or two ahead of Rick but that may be cutting it close. At the least we will have rough seas, worst case would be going north. :-( Anyway thanks for all the advice and tips.

Ill be stuck to Carnivals website and the Weather channel all night!

PS

I will try to update our trip sometime mid week or after last port day so check back on this thread next weekend.

Hope Rick is the last one of the season Ken!

Bon Voyage!

Mark & Andre

We made it! Carnival handed us a letter prior to boarding. It stated that we will be sailing east of the storm and no itenarary changes unless the storm changes it's course! Already see some family aboard. I'm sure we will meet at the Fod meeting tonight. Boarding was simple. On the boat in 30 or less. She's a beutiful ship. Bags are here and I gotta unpack before muster.

Take care!

Mark

I'll post again later this week!

Archived