All "mariner of the seas"

MOUNTAIN BEAR

There seems to be a few family members on many of the next several "mariner of the seas" cruises.......

But never enough to keep one thread or roll call going .....

My group of 4 from southern ca. Are on the sept 6 cruise, and it is hard to keep info flowing.....

Maybe we could interchange and feed info from one cruise to the other and let each other and future family know about this cruise...... Like good places to meet on ship.......how your fod or glbt meetings went.....good things to do in the ports......or things to avoid.....etc,etc....

From what i have read this seems to be a great ship.......

About 5 years ago, when i was staying in pv, some local guys took us to a semi gay, remote beach, not to far north of the ship port.

Does anybody know of this spot?.....

I too remember visiting this remote beach about 6 years ago as well! We had to take a bus from the local club/hotel named Paco Paco to a beach area where we boarded a small outboard. There were probably only about 8 guys and two guides on the entire boat and then proceeded around the bay to what seemed a very lonley stretch of beach aside from one house and a few tables and chairs out on the beach. The guides were very friendly and lunch was also included. It was interesting to find out the beach was clothing optional since the guides were obviously straight. We stayed there for about 6 hours and then headed back to town. I've checked Paco Paco's web site and they don't even advertise the hotel that used to be next door to the club. There is a popular beach now called "Blue Chairs" but it is not the same one that we visited years back. I'll for sure be inquiring about this on this next visit to PV. Hopefully someone still has some private excursions to this relaxing beach!

I think you guys are remembering Paco's Paradise. Unfortunatley, it's no longer in operation as such.

I've heard that one of the local tour companies have taken it over and setting it up as a beach getaway type of place but no longer clothing optional or gay oriented.

Sign of the times I'm afraid.

Blue Chairs is not nearly as remote as Paco's Paradise is but still can be fun if you just want to lie on the beach and have pretty much everything you want come to you including shopping in the form of the vendors that walk the beach. Some people find them annoying but I consider it part of the culture and adventure. After all, they are just trying to make a living like anyone else, right?

I'm looking forward to having the BEST margaritas EVER at the restaurant right on the Rio Cuale that we just love. I can never remember the name of it but I always seem to find it just fine.

If you like high quality Mexican folk art and handcrafts, there is a fabulous shop in the Zona Romantica that has the best stuff. I have purchased several items there thought the years that I treasure.

I'm doing my Christmas tree this year with a Mexican theme so I hope to find some fun authentic decorations for it on this cruise. Wait a minute, did I just start talking about Christmas? Someone shoot me! :)

Cheers!

John

Hope somebody from this weeks cruise lets us know how the mariner handles the storm .......is there much movement?

I was on Voyager of the Seas (same class of ship) last year in a major storm and all was fine. The ship is so big that unless the swells are pretty

big, not much rocking is felt anyway.

Luckily the storm didn't do any damage to Cabo, so all should be fine.

However, you have to tender into Cabo, so will be nice to hear how the

tendering goes--how rough the waves are in the area right now.

Hope somebody from this weeks cruise lets us know how the mariner handles the storm .......is there much movement?

We sailed 200 miles out of the storm's path and did have some rough seas a couple of nights. Our itinerary was changed to 2 sea days followed by PV, Mazatlan, Cabo and 1 sea day back. I am unusual in that I like to feel the ocean and rough seas. Usually you don't feel anything on the Mariner because it is so large but this time was different. There were those who got sea sick. I felt bad for them even though I enjoyed the ride. Carnival Splendor changed their itinerary to Catalina, Ensenada & Cabo. Their passengers were not happy.

Does anybody know of any gay friendly crew members on the mariner?

There's

Allan---Concierge

Mark & his partner--Cruise Fun Staff

Miguel--Promenade Cafe

...and many more.

We were on there for a total of 53 days!!!:eek:

Enjoy!

Archived