Eurodam- Would you book a second cruise

KenM

Just returned from New England/Canada Eurodam cruise and, yes, if the price and itinerary was right I'd sail again on the E.

I thought the cruise was great...food and service was fine. had wonderful dinner seating friends. Outstanding entertainment and musical offerings in the lounges.

The only whine I would register has to do with that cabana situation.

Why?

What?

Does one need the privacy of a tent by the pool? I guess so cause apparently there were takers for those things. But they caused congestion.

This was my first HAL cruise so I don't have a reference point to compare with the other Dam ships. But I was attracted to this cruise by its ports o' call mainly. And they did not dissapoint. To me where we cruised was more of a factor than how we cruised. The Canadian itinerary portion had me thinking at times I was in Europe and how wonderful it was not to take it on the chin with the euro. I refer here to the currency not the ship.

I'm going to sail on the Eurodam in late October (caribbean) and have been reading that it's crowded at the lido pool but generally I don't sit (or rather lounge) too much by the pool anyhow and like to go one deck up to get my suntan. Do they have a goodly amount of lounge chairs a deck up from the pool deck? Likely to be less crowded too I would think?

Jeff

We sailed the Eurodam last February and loved the ship. My biggest complaint was the layout of the Lido, so we just avoided it at prime time. We are looking into the Westerdam for next winter, but only because we want a new itinerary. We have fallen in love with HAL, starting with the Eurodam, and assume we will find the wonderful service, refined decor, and delightful ambience on other HAL ships as well. :)

I'm going to sail on the Eurodam in late October (caribbean) and have been reading that it's crowded at the lido pool but generally I don't sit (or rather lounge) too much by the pool anyhow and like to go one deck up to get my suntan. Do they have a goodly amount of lounge chairs a deck up from the pool deck? Likely to be less crowded too I would think?

Jeff

There is the deck above the Crows Nest (as on other HAL ships) as well as a deck above the Tamarind/Silk Den midships which has about 150 loungers.

I have posted pictures of that deck before but don't have acccess to it from work, if I remember I wil post it tonight.

I'm still looking for the guy who said, "I rest my case".

He has two upcoming Eurodaom cruises booked-one in December and one four weeks later in January. I think that is what he meant- obviously he liked it well enough to book 2 more cruises.

I'm still looking for the guy who said, "I rest my case".

Okay, I probably need to explain. At first I had not signed in when I read this thread-so his upcoming cruises were showing. I, also, have signatures cut off when I sign in- he probably does not realize he can have signatures cut off. To see his signature while signed in, click on his profile. You will see that he has 2 upcoming Eurodam cruises.

I agree that itinerary and price are the determining factors. I'll just never say "never" again.

LOL! I have to agree. We were on the Aug 11-27 trans-atlantic cruise because of the itinerary and price. Had perfect weather but not really pool weather for the majority of the trip. Did see some committed people tho. Cannot imagine how crowded and miserable the pool areas would be in a sunny climate! We were free-style dining and concur with the croweded Lido situation and the lousy location of the Italian restaurant.

We were on the Sept. 11th southbound cruise. It sounds like the problems didn't improve with my cruise. The MDR staff were very understaffed and many times our food came out so late we forgot what we ordered. This did not just happen to our table .Many loyal HAL pax were not at all pleased with this ship but said we should give HAL anothere chance. And that is what will do on 9/6/2009.

Ditto! We were on the 8/11/2009 cruise and the MDR experience was less than any other cruise I've been on. This was our first HA cruise and I wasn't too impressed. The main thing we noticed about the food was how hot it was always served-room service, Lido and MDR. Never had a lukewarm nosh! Even when we would miss the beginning of the show most nites waiting for that food!

It would have to be an amazing itenerary, or an incredible value......

my original revue on my blog about the Eurodam,

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/ohiolair/1/1217469540/tpod.html

but check out what my last entry says as well......

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/ohiolair/1/1231301280/tpod.html

Lair

Archived