New york hotel

a-w

This Comfort Inn at 343 W. 44th Street did open last week. I made reservations today with Choice Privileges number and +60 rate of $207.00 per night for October 15-17. They did increase the rates since they began taking reservations. Still a good rate and a brand new hotel with great location.

We just got off the Tahitian Princess in Red Hook. Spent one night in midtown at the Hotel Belvedere before flying out of EWR. Took in two shows at discounted rates (Playbill.com). Based on Trip Advisor reviews, decided to upgrade to an executive floor...and it was still under $200, including taxes. (And, we had no trouble with the elevators.) The bed was great and the room was lovely, although we were hardly in it! Mexican restaurant just up the street (Sombrero, I think) was very good, too, for a quick pre-theater supper.

• 2 weeks later...
Now way would I ever pay that kind of money for a LGA hotel. Heck, I would not pay half that.

Stay in Manhattan.

Cool things to see at night: Times Square, Empire State Building or Top Of The Rock, ride the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty lit up and the stunning view of lower Manhattan, the Financial District, and Brooklyn Bridge all lit up at night.

Thanks for these suggestions, they all sound lovely! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Laguardia Hotel is a 3 star hotel at $85 a night with AAA or AARP membership otherwise 89 with free shuttle to and from the airport. We thought of trying Priceline but we need 2 beds and you can't get 2 beds with Priceline nor can you try 3 adults. Its only for 2 adults so 1 bed. We did get a car rental thru priceline though for our trip but that is after the cruise flying into Richmond to see Shenandoah National Park after staying in Manhattan to see the sights.

Archived