Seaside Theater. Classic Movies..cartoons..shorts.

sam1148

What would you think if Carnival made one or two night for the seaside theater showing classic movies?

Things we've seen before, but not with a big screen, an audience.

Like old style 'let's go to the movies' type things.

A loony tune short..a three stooges short..then a classic Marx Brother's comedy, or a big 'event' movie. Things like a Hitchcock, or a Lawrence of Arabia, Ben Hurr, Or a Tarzan, or 50's SciFi movie.

Stuff we've seen before...but not a big screen.

I'd love to go up to the deck, get some popcorn and watch some classic Loony Tunes, Stooges..and have a drink or two..and enjoy. Heck if they played 2 hours of Loony Tunes, I'd be there.

Do you think this would be a 'draw' for the Carnival crowd?

Oh I would love it....I love the old classics (ya Know...no killing, language with every word and no jumping from bed to bed :rolleyes:) such as how about "an Affair to Remember" and it was on a cruise ship too...LOL or how about Gone With The Wind....or some of the ones you mentioned, like a Hitchcock film......on a ship under the stars, drink in hand, relaxing and spending quality time with spouse and/or whole family.....but then again I am 50 and enjoy the slow quiet content life!!!

Tootsie

Oh I would love it....I love the old classics (ya Know...no killing, language with every word and no jumping from bed to bed :rolleyes:) such as how about "an Affair to Remember" and it was on a cruise ship too...LOL or how about Gone With The Wind....or some of the ones you mentioned, like a Hitchcock film......on a ship under the stars, drink in hand, relaxing and spending quality time with spouse and/or whole family.....but then again I am 50 and enjoy the slow quiet content life!!!

Tootsie

I'd think even a Loony Tunes night..cruisers have short attention spans..little short Loony Tunes. Would be great for just visiting the movie deck at night.

Even some old type 'drive in movie' type things..hamburgers/fries/hotdogs..watch a movie under the stars with the family on a big screen.

Carnival wouldn't have to pay 'first run' movie prices and do something a night a two that would be unique to their line.

All depends on the popularity of the idea tho.

Archived