Leaving cold weather, flying to FL , what to do with jacket or coat

Delta Dear

Living in Wisconsin, our winters are really cold, but I've never taken a coat with me on a cruise. I usually wear a warm up suit on the plane and then just take off the jacket once on board the ship. I can handle the cold just going from the car to the airport terminal. It's just a few seconds.

I usually just take it with me and stuff it in the suitcase.

Me, too.

I don't bring a giganto coat, I bring down since it's easy to store in very little space. In minus 40 weather, a couple minutes in the elements is too much and if I'm in layers, I will swelter once inside and need to start the striptease immediately. It's no big thing to stash coat and gloves in the suitcase - easier than getting my key in the car lock while shivering beyond control after the 5 minute parking lot slalom.

Add in the potential to end up somewhere else and I don't want to leave my coat behind.

I personally wear t-shirt thin sweatshirt and windbreaker jacket although I will say I haven't used a real winter coat in over 10yrs of New England winters

NY JFK airport to florida

Best bet if your traveling in winter have someone else drive you and pick you up you'll spend far less time in the cold with the extra set of hands to pack or unpack the luggage into the car it will go much faster and depending on the relationship to the driver could be alot cheaper too.

I don't believe there are any lockers in any airport since 9/11. The only ones I have seen for years were locked and most have been removed.

Hmmmm, never noticed no lockers anymore. See how observant I am. I can understand why since 9/11. Just never gave it any thought.

Archived