Soda Cards...worth the $$ or not

wesail4fun

This will be our first cruise and I am reading about how they x-ray your luggage and therefore you cannot bring along your own bottles of alcohol etc. Do they do this on Carnival Miracle? Is there a way to get a bottle of, say, Rum onboard to have in the cabin as my hubby enjoys a glass while we shower and dress for dinner and doesn't want to have to go running to the nearest bar to get one.

Cheers

Thanls for the info. ANyone know how many open bars are on the paradise??? TIA!

The bars in the Atrium and in the back the buffet are always open and available to everyone. One on the Lido deck is open almost all the time. It closes down late at night.

After 8 times on the Paradise I still cannot remember the names of these places. ACK!

We had 14 cruisers onboard with our last cruise and the cost for soda cards would be astronomical compared to the 2 cases we collectively kept on board.

No problem keeping them cool in the fridge.

BONUS: Never a line to get your drink or waiting for a Bartender to recognize you.

Bring your own disposable cup,

I think someone mentioned this before, but I have found the service you get using the card is terrible. My wife and I bought them on our first cruise and swore to never do it again. Servers would routinely ignore our orders or only get them after people ordering alchohol were served. They know where the tips are made. If you get a card don't expect great service.

Archived