CocoCay jellyfish Nassau water dredging

newtravelers

Hi,

I am still excited about our Sept. cruise to the area. We will have fun no matter what, but need help on what to do. I hear they are dredging the water in Nassau while we are there and the jelly fish will be in the water in CocoCay. I will try to snorkel anyway, probably. Plan to do the walking tour in Nassau, but other than that, no plans. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

I am still excited about our Sept. cruise to the area. We will have fun no matter what, but need help on what to do. I hear they are dredging the water in Nassau while we are there and the jelly fish will be in the water in CocoCay. I will try to snorkel anyway, probably. Plan to do the walking tour in Nassau, but other than that, no plans. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nassau Dredging will not affect a large part of the island. It's confined to the Harbour where the ships come in.. and the area around Arawak Cay where they are back filling. Other beaches, islands, reefs and tours are far enough from the inner harbour to be affected.

Snorkeling tours go miles away from the harbour.. to colorful reefs filled with heathly sea life.

I think the OP was talking about 2 different situations that may/may not effect that cruise and wondering about things to do.

you're right, it was the wording. It sounded as if the dredging of the harbor caused jelly fish to appear at CocoCay... it was 2 different questions... :)

Archived