What made you miss your Carnival Roll Call Meet and Greet?

ManyMore

Just got off the SPLENDOR last Sunday. Since I booked last minute, I, of course, had no idea who anybody was because first names were used for the "badges" ! ! :confused:

If your going to setup one of these events and use Name Badges for Pete's sake put the persons SCREEN NAME in BIG LETTERS on top with their personal names in small letters underneath.

I'm a member of an Chevy SSR truck club and we have meets, runs, car shows, and rallies all over the country and using our SCREEN NAMES allows for instant recognition to people I've never met, but do remember very well from reading their posts on our website. :)

Sadly, I know that I will not be attending our M&G that is coming up. Mainly because it is scheduled the first day at 2pm and I will have my 2 small kids. I have learned that sometimes you just don't take them to places where all I will do is watch them and make sure they don't get into anything. I figure we will all have more fun playing in the water or the room than being stressed at the meet and greet.

Our roll call has really been a lot of fun and hope that I will run into some of the people around the ship.

We were planning to go to ours (well I was at least LOL) but it was the kids's first cruise and we got so busy trying to figure out where all their kids' clubs were happening (4 kids -- 4 different groups LOL) and kind of got wrapped up in their excitement about everything that it just didn't happen. I was kinda sad tho....

• 3 weeks later...

Our first meet and greet was during our honeymoon cruise...nuf said.

The second one we meet a very nice couple that we keep in touch with and found out about a fantastic restaurant to visit while in port.

Those things would not have happened if we were not in attendance.

We don't plan to miss anymore.

I look at these meetings like playing the lotto. You have got to be in it to win it. Some will be good and some will be bad.:cool:

Archived