Private Tours for Malaga, Lanzarote and Grand Canaria

Travelling D's, I have just replied to this question on another thread under ports of call!!! Only just found this one, which is in the correct place, as the Canary Islands are part of Spain although they are in the Atlantic, rather than the Med:D I have recommended that you try and get to the Timanfaya National Park if at all possible, and if your cruise excursions have one available called the Grand Tour (which is what its called in Lanzarote) that should take in Timanfaya, Jameos del Agua and the Cuevos de los Verdes. If that is availabe to you, it would mean you would cover the majority of the island!!

I actually live here in Lanzarote!!! I see that you are in Florida....I doubt you would find our beaches a patch on yours, and in October it can be a bit chilly!!

HTH!!

Thanks Jefa for your advise. CC does offer the Grand Tour but it is quite lengthy. My husband and I like private tours because you can see as much in lesser time and also we can do things our way. Since you live in Lanzarote would you happen to know of any private tour operators or taxi/tour? You can reply to my e-mail: Doritacfernandez@aol.com

:) I'll put it on the board anyway, as the info could be useful to other travellers!! There is an official agency here called Tamaragua Tours (hope I'm allowed to mention the name!!), which you can find on the internet along with their prices. As a tour rep for many years, I have at one time or another been on all the tours. There is another company, though I have no idea if it has a website, which offers the same tours at a lower rate, as they don't include entrance fees. I am not at all sure if any of these pick up at the cruise terminal which is a fair way outside of Arrecife, so you would need to get a taxi I would imagine. I do know that taxi drivers will take you on a personal tour if you know the places you wish to go to.

Sorry, if I don't seem much help, but until a few years ago there was only the one official tour agency on the island, and anyone trying to do unofficial tours found themselves with severe penalties!!!

If it was me, I would serviously reconsider, and book a cruise line excursion!!

Traveling D's:

In Lanzarote, I did a 3-4 hr ship's tour to Timanfaya/ & environs. As soon as it came back to Port, I hired a cab from a group waiting there at the Port for the short drive to Cesar Manrique's amazing house and gallery built over/amid 5 lava tunnels. Driver waited along with other taxi drivers in a parking area while I toured. He was full of history, had visited the house as a boy. Very interesting; it was about 25 euros.

I'm a solo traveler and all the cab drivers waiting at port seemed jovial and competent when I chatted with them or I surely wouldn't have hired one.

Martha

• 11 months later...
:) I'll put it on the board anyway, as the info could be useful to other travellers!! There is an official agency here called Tamaragua Tours (hope I'm allowed to mention the name!!), which you can find on the internet along with their prices.

I e-mailed Tamaragua for Lanzarote tour information and got a reply to say they went out of business July 14, 2010.

Will be cruising in Costa Europa on October and looking for private tours or taxi tours recommendations for Malaga' date=' Lanzarote and Gran Canaria. Will appreciate all the help you can give me. Thanks[/quote']

try spaindaytours.com for Malaga. I believe that is the website. Very nice to deal with and highly recommended on these boards.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

We wanted to book a private tour for a small group for Malaga to the Alhambra. Although we did not have the 10 person minimum for the private tour, we told Spain Day Tours that we would pay the entire cost for 10 people, although we were only 7 people. They told us this would be OK. However, within a few days prior to our arrival at Malaga, Spain Day Tours told us that they could not do the tour. We were left without any other option but to use the ship's excursion, because the Alhambra tour tickets were sold out for our day in port. The ship's excursion was expensive, only gave 2 hours at the Alhambra.

Beware when doing business with Spain Day Tours

Archived