Seeing the Barbados nightlife vs ship reboarding time

andy1984uk

Hi

We arrive in Barbados on Friday 6th November (N926) and the ship departs in the evening of the 7th. We want to see some of the nightlife and have heard that Harbour Lights is a relatively short distance from the cruise pier (Its got nothing to do with the open air dancing on the beach and free rum all evening!). However on the P&O cruise personaliser website the itinerary states "Boarding 2030" Are P&O trying to say we need to be back on board for 2030 or are we allowed to stay out a little longer?

Has anyone been to the Harbour Lights nightclub and can offer any reviews / entrance fee info.

Me and my wife are also on this cruise, again dept 6th Nov from Manchester, I was wondering due to the fact we are in Barbados over nigh how nice it would be to go ashore and spend some time around the city. I do hope we don’t have to be on board at a certain time, but regimented if we have to.

Rgds

Andy

Hi

We arrive in Barbados on Friday 6th November (N926) and the ship departs in the evening of the 7th. We want to see some of the nightlife and have heard that Harbour Lights is a relatively short distance from the cruise pier (Its got nothing to do with the open air dancing on the beach and free rum all evening!). However on the P&O cruise personaliser website the itinerary states "Boarding 2030" Are P&O trying to say we need to be back on board for 2030 or are we allowed to stay out a little longer?

Has anyone been to the Harbour Lights nightclub and can offer any reviews / entrance fee info.

We are also on this cruise and flying from Manchester on November 6th. It would be nice to go round the local nightspots without any time limits. I hope the 2030 time is for last check in and not the time we have to be back on the ship.

We were on the Ventura Transatlantic in October/November 2008 and Security were on duty throughout the night. This means you can disembark and embark to your heart's content.

Although most people didn't bother went out at about 6.30 and came back at 11pm after going to the Oistins Fish Fry. It was great to see a bit of local "colour". In fact as we were coming back quite an number of the crew were going "out on the town" for the night and no one (least of all Security) batted an eyelid! So in short you should be fine.

We organised a trip to Oistins Fish Fry which was a good way of doing it, but taxis are available just outside the Cruise Terminal building.

"Boarding 2030" sounds like the boarding time for departure day (in your case 7th November). Bear in mind tough that you may tired after a long flight etc but going out should be possible if you wish.

http://www.harbourlightsbarbados.com/index2.htm

http://www.barbados.org/oistins.htm[url=http://www.barbados.org/oistins.htm][/url]

I hope that helps. Have a great cruise.

Eddie :D

Archived