whats the best excursion hands down??

singbluesilver1

I*f you have the time in port take one of the "full Day" stingray city, snorkeling, and rum point tours. They'll take you out in the morning in a smaller group, you can even charter this for just yourselves for less than you'd think, stop for snorkeling at a less crowded reef with a guide for your small group, do stingray city - then they'll drop you at Rum Point where it is lunch on your own from one of the restaurants near the dock - basic open air places; then return to the ship. Along the way the guide may get your wife a Conk shell and they may make a ceviche for you to eat on the way back. Problem is that many port stops are just a little short for these - but if it works out then it is great. Call the better known private operators and ask about this. If not then take a private Sting Ray City & Snorkeling tour with one of the private tour operators - just make sure there is plenty of time to get to the operator's meeting place as tendering ashore takes a while - count on a good hour from the scheduled docking time.

We did this cruise in late July/Early August.

Grand Caymans:

You have to do the Stingray tour. It's one of the best experiences you will ever have kissing a stingray, holding a in the wild stingray. Very cool.

I couldn't find a private or through Carnival a tour to Hell and the stingrays that you didn't have to go to the turtle farm. You can get a trip to hell. You can get a trip for the Stingray's but if you want to do both you have to go to the turtle farm.

We did this excursion in 2007. Loved it!!

We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tour_details.htm#Rays,%20Reef%20and%20Rum%20Point

We did this in Oct 08 and loved it... there were only 20 of us on the boat compared to Carnival's boats that had at least 100 people on them... The food was very good and waiting for us when we arrived at Rum Point. I would highly recommend this to anyone that is looking for a great day in GC :D

• 3 weeks later...
I*f you have the time in port take one of the "full Day" stingray city, snorkeling, and rum point tours. They'll take you out in the morning in a smaller group, you can even charter this for just yourselves for less than you'd think, stop for snorkeling at a less crowded reef with a guide for your small group, do stingray city - then they'll drop you at Rum Point where it is lunch on your own from one of the restaurants near the dock - basic open air places; then return to the ship. Along the way the guide may get your wife a Conk shell and they may make a ceviche for you to eat on the way back. Problem is that many port stops are just a little short for these - but if it works out then it is great. Call the better known private operators and ask about this. If not then take a private Sting Ray City & Snorkeling tour with one of the private tour operators - just make sure there is plenty of time to get to the operator's meeting place as tendering ashore takes a while - count on a good hour from the scheduled docking time.

Hi Larry

I'm jealous of your trip in Nov.:(

Andy & I are taking the family on a short cruise in Oct. on the Enchantment. One of our stops is in George Town & we are looking for a tour that includes Sting Ray City, snorkeling, blowholes, HELL if there's time. Oh and of course some shopping for me:) Which company do you recommend? We will probably only be able to do a half/day beacuse of the short time we are there. Your recommendations for excursions on the March 28/08 S.Caribbean cruise on the Galaxy were great, reasonably priced & fun. Any recommendations, ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Laurie

Archived