Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

Forgive me is this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. My Aunt is patiently waiting for her gty to come up on our Dec 20 cruise. I went and printed my edocs today (booked a specific cabin) but hers still show up as pending. Are you not able to print those until you are assigned a cabin number? I know you can print the luggage tags whenever and just write it in.
I think something is incomplete. I have printed ours, and I don't expect to get a cabin assignment for another 30 days!

I suggest you review everything, and if you see nothing missing, have your TA call HAL (because I see you are in Australia).

Forgive me is this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. My Aunt is patiently waiting for her gty to come up on our Dec 20 cruise. I went and printed my edocs today (booked a specific cabin) but hers still show up as pending. Are you not able to print those until you are assigned a cabin number? I know you can print the luggage tags whenever and just write it in.

If your Aunt has not filled out all the advance passenger info online her documents might not print yet, because they need her info for traveling filled out.

I was just told by a HAL rep that cabins are assigned anytime from day 7-0 prior to sail date. But they are closed on Sat/Sun so if your day 7 hits then, your earliest chance of getting your assignment would be Monday. For example, my day 7 is Sat Nov 7th, so my earliest chance for cabin assignment will be Mon Nov 9th. Hope this helps all that are waiting not to stress to much. Happy Sailing!

PS She also said they start with the Penthouse and work their way down. IF ONLY! :D:D

Thank you for the information. I did notice that there were quite a few of these rooms with just a shower at the aft end of the Upper Verandah deck.
And Upper Promenade and Verandah.

I was just told by a HAL rep that cabins are assigned anytime from day 7-0 prior to sail date.
We have gotten assignments anywhere from 18 days to 3 days out, but most often around 10 or 11.

But they are closed on Sat/Sun so if your day 7 hits then, your earliest chance of getting your assignment would be Monday.

Not true. We have gotten assignments both on Saturday (once) and Sunday (twice). They have always come (both weekends and weekdays) about 7:00p to 8:00p Eastern time, which is 4:00p to 5:00p in Seattle, so IMO there's not much point in checking earlier in the day than that ... unless you didn't have a chance to check the previous evening.

And Upper Promenade and Verandah.

We have gotten assignments anywhere from 18 days to 3 days out, but most often around 10 or 11.

Not true. We have gotten assignments both on Saturday (once) and Sunday (twice). They have always come (both weekends and weekdays) about 7:00p to 8:00p Eastern time, which is 4:00p to 5:00p in Seattle, so IMO there's not much point in checking earlier in the day than that ... unless you didn't have a chance to check the previous evening.

I'm only quoting what the ship service rep told me today. Maybe assigning them within their system and releasing them to view are 2 different things? I don't know, just know what she told me. Another thought is that the information is new - now they don't work sat/sun? Who knows. Just thought I'd pass along what I was told. Take for what you think it's worth. I'm going to continue checking daily and this weekend. If my assignment comes up on Sat or Sun, then I can say with confidence that the information she provided was wrong. Happy Sailing!

I'm only quoting what the ship service rep told me today. Maybe assigning them within their system and releasing them to view are 2 different things? I don't know, just know what she told me. ... Take for what you think it's worth.

Or yet another example of inconsistent or incorrrect information from HAL HQ. How many times have we heard on this forum about contradictory answers given by two HAL people within the same day or even hour? I'm just telling you what my experience has been with seven guarantees.

Good luck this weekend! ;)

I'm not the only one who has gotten weekend assignments. But these posts were from Nov 08, and maybe HAL SOP has now changed ...

We've received our room assignment each time on a Sunday in the early AM. I know that is when it posted because I was checking frequently. It was around 8 AM mountain standard time.

Or maybe it was actually done Saturday night??

I have had my stateroom assigned to me over the weekend in the past.... is it really that hard or an effort for you to check on the weekend ??? :confused:

Archived