Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

And now it's my turn to play the waiting game. I'm booked on the Oosterdam on March 27. I booked a VF guarantee. Since I'm a solo traveller, I don't generally expect much in the way of an u/g but one can always hope :D

It's my first balcony cabin, so really, I'm just excited to be able to go outside in my pj's if I want;):D

And now it's my turn to play the waiting game. I'm booked on the Oosterdam on March 27. I booked a VF guarantee. Since I'm a solo traveller, I don't generally expect much in the way of an u/g but one can always hope :D

It's my first balcony cabin, so really, I'm just excited to be able to go outside in my pj's if I want;):D

Who knows? Drtee cruised solo on our cruise-we both had VF guarantees. She got a VB, and hubby and I got a VA. I liked hers best though because she was on the port side near the front of ship on deck 6, near the public balcony that is opened for the Panama canal transit. Our cruise was the Zuiderdam partial Panama canal transit cruise.

Our room was deck 8 midship (8066) by the elevators. Now there was no noise form the elevators, but people on the one glass elevator we could see from our balcony and they could see us. Good thing we are too old for the balcony club.

Now it was nice for a quick hop for coffee or tea.

• 2 weeks later...

Parrotfeathers...

We did get our cabin assignment... they gave us SS 8068 which is a handicap cabin.. which does not have the ammenities that we paid for..

ie.. double sinks, jacuzzi tub..etc...

Our TA can't figure out how we ended up with this, HAL can't figure out how we ended up with this... but the ship is full and all cabins are assigned so we are stuck with it..

I'm very worried about the fact that this room really should have gone to people who need the facilities it has to offer...

So at this point..our hands our tied.. not pleased, I really hope you fair out better..

Anyone who required a HC cabin for that cruise was long ago booked. You are not taking it from anyone.

On some cruises the HC cabins do not get booked, so they go into the mix for the upgrades and upsells. When you book a guarantee, you take the chance of getting a HC cabin, if there is one available that has not been booked.

Btw, DH requires a HC cabin, so when we book an SY or SS - we don't get those amenities either. They don't offer us any kind of discount or compensation for no double sinks, a much smaller vanity and no jacuzzi tub.

Btw, DH requires a HC cabin, so when we book an SY or SS - we don't get those amenities either. They don't offer us any kind of discount or compensation for no double sinks, a much smaller vanity and no jacuzzi tub.

Which is exactly why I feel they should be in their own category at a reduced price..

However, when they assign you the cabins.. they don't tell you all the things you won't be getting, yet in the brochures all the pictures of the sy's and ss's show two double sinks, jacuzzi tub and alot more furniture... VERY WRONG.. jmo :cool:

Which is exactly why I feel they should be in their own category at a reduced price..

However, when they assign you the cabins.. they don't tell you all the things you won't be getting, yet in the brochures all the pictures of the sy's and ss's show two double sinks, jacuzzi tub and alot more furniture... VERY WRONG.. jmo :cool:

I can't understand why you think these cabins should have a reduced price. They are designed for people that need them. If no one needs a handicap cabin it goes into the pool to be assigned to the people that booked guarantees. The deck plan clearly states that these cabins are shower only. Not every gambler wins. If you want all the amenities book the room and category you want. Booking a guarantee, with the hope of getting a free upgrade does not always pay off. Someone has to get the room no one else wanted and you got one.

Ha! The first, last and ONLY time we ever booked a GTY was on the Norway... ended up in a Penthouse Suite on Deck 10... directly under the GOLF SIMULATOR !

Mariner%203%20Star.gifCandy the ZuiderPrincess

I do not understand why they would put a Penthouse under the golf simulator?? Last year we booked a specific SA on the Zaandam under the beauty parlor, thinking this would not be a problem. The clicking of heels on the floor above started early in the morning and went until the salon closed. The only time it was quiet was after late dinner before bed. We woke up to the noise every morning. I kept telling myself that it did not matter, but it did. I was frustrated as we had many sea days, an S cabin, and found that I could not relax there during the day.:rolleyes: Anyway, I would think the more expensive cabins would be put in quiet locations and it seems as if they are doing this on the newer ships.

I don't think these cabins should be in their own category and at a reduced price! HAL has to make adjustments to accommodate wheelchairs - more floor space for maneuvering - so some things are changed. We understand that. We don't expect a price break.

Any brochure I have seen has a note that says cabins may not be exactly as depicted. They are *representative* of the cabin categories.

Don't worry about the lack of a jacuzzi - you still get a tub - and believe me, you are not going to suffer with less furniture!! I mean, what kind of furniture do you think you will be missing? When we've been in SYs, we have to ask them to TAKE OUT furniture!!!

If you feel you need more furniture in your cabin, ask your steward to haul in another chair or table! :)

I'm still 49 days away from sailing so have a way to go yet before getting my assignment. Still, the wait is starting to drive me crazy, especially when I can technically print out my docs tomorrow but still have no cabin to put on them.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it I had a VF and got upgraded to aft cabin it was so worth the wait good luck.........

Hopefully the wait will be worth it I had a VF and got upgraded to aft cabin it was so worth the wait good luck.........

Thanks Dona March. I have a guarantee SC right now so who knows what I will end up with. Wonder if the PH is available?? ;)

When I called to book a retreat cabana on the Eurodam (3-27), I was told that lately the assignments have usually been coming within 7 days of sail.

I made a pact with myself to not check every day until I was 14 days out.

I have subsequently managed to break that pact 10 times in the last 5 days! :D

Archived