Trying to decide between Liberty and Glory

aaj2muva

My mom, sister, and I are trying to decide on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on either the Liberty or the Glory. Both itineraries are similar. We're wondering if either ship is nice than the other? The Liberty was built in 2005 but the Glory was refurbished in 2006. What does refurbished even mean. I'd love to hear from anybody that's been on both and could give me an opinion on which one was better or anybody knows exactly what a ship being refurbished means.

Thanks!

Amanda

I sailed on both and I'd say they're both comparable. I'm not sure if the Glory has it but the Liberty had a stir fry station on the lido buffet that was excellent. We also liked the CD on the Liberty much better than Wee Jimmy who was on the Glory when we sailed her. We had a great time on both. Both are Conquest class ships so there's not a lot of difference there in layout.

Bob

Liberty is newer like you said, both ships are alike except for a few things. Liberty has a big screen outdoor tv and Glory doesnt yet, i think that they are adding it later this year. Glory is easier to get to port than Liberty but just chose which ports of call you like the best.

I sailed the Glory on the Eastern itenerary this past January. My family liked the ship. As a previous poster mentioned it does not yet have the big screen tv by the pool. There was a stir fry area though. We stayed on the spa level that had the floor to ceiling windows. That was nice!!!! We are sailing the Valor in January 2010 she is the same family of ship, but no floor to ceiling windows

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bermuda C,

I'm preparing to bok a balcony on the 10/24 Glory cruise to the Easter Caribbean and was wondering if Starbird or Port side offers the best views while in port (St. Martin and St. Thomas). Do you remember which side of the ship offered the best water views?

Hi Bermuda C,

I'm preparing to bok a balcony on the 10/24 Glory cruise to the Easter Caribbean and was wondering if Starbird or Port side offers the best views while in port (St. Martin and St. Thomas). Do you remember which side of the ship offered the best water views?

At St. Maarten, the ships dock on each side of the pier, so it's hard to say which side your particular ship will be on. See my pic below of St. Maarten's pier. The Miracle was on the right side. At St. Thomas, I believe the port side will face the water, although it is a very nice view on the starboard side, too.

392230296_MarkJeffStacydock(2).jpg.1ef03224e6873bc337361b16ac63a0a9.jpg

Archived