Intercontinental

Addictedtocruising

Ok tell me everything you know about the Intercontinental :D

I just won it on Priceline for $90.00 10/4/2009-10/5/2009 one night post cruise.

Do all the rooms have a balcony and can you smoke on the balcony?

Anyone that won it on Priceline what types of rooms do they typically give?

Were you able to call and have your rewards number applied to get any special preferences?

Did you eat nearby?

Did you take the bus in to Old San Juan?

What were your likes and dislikes?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your help

Donna

Ok tell me everything you know about the Intercontinental :D

I just won it on Priceline for $90.00 10/4/2009-10/5/2009 one night post cruise.

Do all the rooms have a balcony and can you smoke on the balcony?

Anyone that won it on Priceline what types of rooms do they typically give?

Were you able to call and have your rewards number applied to get any special preferences?

Did you eat nearby?

Did you take the bus in to Old San Juan?

What were your likes and dislikes?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your help

Donna

There is, according to the chat line, an additional "resort fee" of about $30 per night.....so be prepared for that.

Otherwise, I would like to know the answers to those questions also.....

Bus is recommended we were in San Juan this past spring, stayed at the Hampton Inn, great spot. Took the bus it costs .75 per trip compared (from San Juan to Old San Juan)to taxi which could cost you $40.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed one night via Priceline 8/29/09. Priceline is usually assigned cityview room. Half rooms face ocean, half city. We were able to check in at 1:00 PM, had a nice chat with the clerk and was given a non smoking room, very nice! The pool and beach are wonderful, pool open 24 hours.

Many restaurants local including chains, Chilis, Burger King, Ponderosa. Local restaurant, Mi Casita, great local food, packed the night we were there. We had a great exagerated continental breakfast buffet at the hotel overlooking the pool at $17/pp. Coffee, juices, cereals, fresh fruit, breads and danish. Later check out at noon allows for swim and beach time before heading over to port. We checked out at 11:30 and were onboard Adventure by 12:15, absolutely no lines.

There is a Walgreens drugstore down the street to get water, sunblock, etc. before boarding. We will most certainly return to the Intercontinental again!!!

We stayed 3 days post cruise last year and really enjoyed ourselves.

Rooms we comfortable, very small balcony that u can not fit a chair on.

Food is available at the resort itself. There is a place right on the beach that offers very good food and extremely large portions.

Drinks very reasonably priced for a resort.

Local places to eat near by are very good. One has Salsa music on on night and a guitarist that is amazing the other night. Parrot something I believe was the name.

I think the ocean had too much seaweed to feel comfortable swimming in for me, I liked the ocean by the Marriott resort better.

I think you will enjoy your stay, and certainly enjoy your vacation!

Jan

Be advised, Travelocity says the pool and jacuuzi will be closed for maintenance from Sept. 28 to Oct. 12th. If this is accurate I hope you didn't plan on using these facilities. Sorry...we cruise this time also and were considering staying post cruise but are now looking elsewhere.

Yes the pool & spa will be closed and that is a bummer, I contacted Priceline and they contacted the hotel but they will not let me cancel just reschedule.

They said we could use the Holiday Inn pool across the street which in no way compares to the facilities at the resort as seen in pictures!

They are giving a $50.00 food & drink credit.

I called and added my rewards number today and made some special requests, maybe they will grant them more knowing that I am not too happy about the renovations (maybe not lol)

Take care and thanks for all your opinions

Donna

If the pool is closed, go to the beach! We really enjoyed the beach at this hotel. Wonderful warm, turquoise waters. We walked along it in the morning and played in the afternoon. I believe it is known as one of the best in the area. I do have to say the pool was nice, but with the good price you got, the location of the hotel and the beach are great!

Booth%20Decorations%20Work%20with%20your%20teacher%20to%20create%20student%20made%20decorations%20for%20your%20booth.%20%20This%20occurs%20during%20class%20time%20and%20the%20decorations%20usually%20relate%20to%20your%20assigned%20booth.%20%20Information%20from%20the%20Carnival%20Committee%20will%20let%20you%20know%20just%20what%20kind%20of%20decorations%20you%20need%20for%20your%20booth.%20%20Your%20teacher%20will%20be%20able%20to%20give%20you%20insight%20and%20ideas%20or%20you%20create%20your%20own%213767610542_480df83428_m.jpg

We really enjoyed Mi Casita for Breakfast and Platos for dinner. Mi Casita is just across the street, Platos is about a 5 minute walk away.

My husband's Skirt Steak dinner at Platos!

3910819701_c750824a4a_m.jpg

The beachfront cafe. We really enjoyed this too! We had pizza, Lamb Pitas and Quesadillas... all good!

3766811137_ac432837da_m.jpg

Yes the pool & spa will be closed and that is a bummer, I contacted Priceline and they contacted the hotel but they will not let me cancel just reschedule.

They said we could use the Holiday Inn pool across the street which in no way compares to the facilities at the resort as seen in pictures!

They are giving a $50.00 food & drink credit.

I called and added my rewards number today and made some special requests, maybe they will grant them more knowing that I am not too happy about the renovations (maybe not lol)

Great (not). I reserved via Hotwire about 30 days ago and we arrive 10/9, departing 10/11. Will be contacting Hotwire to see what they can do. Thanks to this board for the info!

Archived