Need Clarification...shorts in dining room or not

wesail4fun

Hi Roz ... don't mean to butt in - I love the shoes tho' -- however we miss you and Brenda on the CA thread -- heehee! always love hearing about Brenda -- we mourn the loss of our friend's Black Lab, Susie - she was 11 yrs old - same as our weimeraner when we had to say goodbye to her - so hard to lose our pets... so hope all is well with you and Brenda -- sorry again folks for butting in...I do say Hi to all of you!! Corkey Carol

Hey, Corkey, we're so busy getting ready for our road/cruise trip tomorrow [leaving L.A. at 6:00am], arriving in Seattle on Friday morning and then leaving Seattle on September 5th, to Alaska.

Brenda goes to the beauty shop today, she loves her "groomer" Philip and, he loves her.

She ALWAYS dresses for dinner onoboard a cruise ship [a different collar every night] and, if any of you dog lovers have checked out what they've come up with, in the way of collars [you'd know what I mean], she's a "hit" in the dining room!

Some folks would do well with wearing these collars along with some of the clothes they choose! Just kidding! :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't much care what anyone else wears, or doesn't wear for that matter. And it's no one else's business how I choose to dress. But here's my rule - I wear the same thing in any restaurant that has a tablecloth, whether on a ship or on land.

Just off the Inspiration today and dress shorts were allowed each evening but for the "cruise elegant" dinner.

I noticed that too on Inspiration 8/20 although the Capers said "no shorts in DR anytime."

Once guy on elegant night wore a T-shirt with shiny stuff on it, I guess his version of elegant. He was so good to look at I didn't care!

• 3 weeks later...
I just got off the Freedom yesterday, and I wore nice dress shorts to dinner every night except for the formal nights. What really angers me, is they don't enforce formal dress on formal nights. We had people all around us wearing T-Shirts. Either stop the formal night, or enforce the rule.

Have fun!

formal night is only set for dining rooms and a few other areas Some people just want to be comfortable and do not feel it is a must to dress up....

Just a bit more clarification. Carnival is the only line I have seen allowing shorts in the dining room for dinner. At Breakfast and lunch they are certainly acceptable. Most other lines say no shorts or jeans at dinner.

Ummm...this is the Carnival board.....and they are sailing on the Carnival Liberty...following Carnival rules

(why care what other lines say??)

formal night is only set for dining rooms and a few other areas Some people just want to be comfortable and do not feel it is a must to dress up....

Really, not trying to start anything but, I'm not uncomfortable when I'm dressed up. It's a subjective thing.

My "description" of long shorts: If you stand up straight, let your arms hang down at your side and the bottom of the shorts are below your fingertips, those are long shorts. Did that make sense?

Archived