New Years cruise

DADAMS27

Has anyone been on a cruise for New Years? A buddy and I are thinking of do one this year maybe a 4 or 5 days. We are in our 30's and just wanted to see if there would be any single females;). If anyone has done a New Years cruise in the past how was it and how do you think it would be for singles?

It may depend on the intinerrary. You may have a better chance finding what you are looking for on a Carribean or maybe Mexican Riveria cruise. My wife and I did a new year's cruise in Hawaii on the Star back when it was a brand new ship (2001?), and it was probably the most quiet cruise we've ever taken when it comes to night life. The bars were dead. We wondered where everyone went to at night, we figured it must have been a lot of families. Even New Year's Eve was fairly quiet. While there was a great party in the Spinnaker, I seemed to be a lot of crew. That particular cruise would not have been a great "singles" cruise.

Note that my story is only one cruise, in Hawaii, on a brand new ship. Hopefully you will get other feedback.

my dh an I went on a new - years cruise in 2003. My recommendation is don't go. PLEASE I LOVE to cruise do not take what I am saying in the wrong text. Just ask your self if you like an extremely crowded party for more than $500 more per person. What I am trying to say is the New years eve celebration is not all that it is cracked up to be. Every single person is up on deck with no where to sit and practically no where to even stand. no fire works just the ships horn sounding at midnight. My strongest recommendation is go on a cruise the week after. For part of the cruise 2003 we went to Aruba on 1-2-2004 The paper left behind in the streets from the fireworks OMG WOW!!!!!!! it must have been the PLACE TO BE. And the locals said they have actually cleaned up a bit. hope this little review helped. Julie

Archived