Diamond check in ?

creoleluke

We are going on the Jewel on 1/9/05. My husband has made diamond status. We are traveling with new cruisers. Can they come with us for priority check in and leave with us? Will they also be able to join us in the concierge lounge or will we have to wave thru the window at them?

Generally they can't check in with you but if the diamond line isn't busy then the rep might let them in it. As far as the departure lounge on day of departure they state due to space you can't take anyone with you. As far as the concierge lounge....officially, no guests. Years ago we were able to take a couple of guests in but these days there are so many people in the lounge that there isn't even enough room for those "eligible" much less for guests. If you are lucky enough to be on a sailing that it isn't crowded, then the concierge might allow you to bring them in but I certainly would not plan on it.

thanks skiiergirl for the info. We plan on getting to the port early, hopefully it wont be a long wait, then we can board with them. It's great to see a person face when they walk on board for the first time (ahhhh memories). Departing late flight so no need for early departure. Thanks again, Tracy

How about if you are Platinum and your room companion is not? I'm taking my mom on a cruise next year...I'll be Platinum, this is her first RCCL cruise. Will she be able to stay with me?

Cheers,

Esther

People in the same room of course can check in together or better lets say they should ceck-in together as they´ll probably travel on the same ticket.

Of course you can use the Platinum line together with your Mom. You won´t have the concierge problem as you are not allowed in there as Platinum. And if you are in a suite both of you´ll have access because of the room you stay in.

BTW I had the same situation (now to say) LAST year and I asked the Loyalty Ambassador about the welcome back party and he allowed me to bring her although it was her first cruise. So if you like ask for it.

Happy New Year!

I contacted the special toll free number for R&C members. We are travleing with my duaghter and her boyfriend. They have their own room but we were told they can board with us in the priorty boarding and depart with us when the cruise is over.

I didn't ask if they could be in the conceirge lounge with us, but my main concern was them boarding and disembarking with us.

I contacted the special toll free number for R&C members. We are travleing with my duaghter and her boyfriend. They have their own room but we were told they can board with us in the priorty boarding and depart with us when the cruise is over.

I didn't ask if they could be in the conceirge lounge with us, but my main concern was them boarding and disembarking with us.

I´m sure it´s still a different story if it´s close family like your daughter or another couple like in the OP´s questions.

Archived