cabin on Oceana

jakethepeg

Jake, I would not opt for that cabin for several reasons.

One it is at the far end of the corridor so you always have a fair walk although there will be no one passing by.

It is as far forrad as you can go so there will be a lot more movement if the ship pitches.

The Plaza is 4 decks above you so that is no problem but the spa and adults only pool is a quarter mile round trip if you forget your sun tan cream.

The Terraces at the stern are least windy when at sea.

The Lido pools mid-ships tend to be monopolised by the children.

For a D deck cabin I would opt for 722, 734 or 746. These are all port side cabins.

If you opted for a balcony you would expect most sun as the ship goes from Barbados to Panama and afternoon sun in the Pacific. Going the otherway the starboard side will get more sun.

• 3 weeks later...
Jake, I would not opt for that cabin for several reasons.

One it is at the far end of the corridor so you always have a fair walk although there will be no one passing by.

If you opted for a balcony you would expect most sun as the ship goes from Barbados to Panama and afternoon sun in the Pacific. Going the otherway the starboard side will get more sun.

Personally I much prefer to book rooms further away like the one you're already in. Having "no one passing by" for me is a huge bonus as I like to relax on vacation and sleep and read. Constant door traffic that you tend to get in bus hotels and ships is just unpleasant for me personally.

Take the far cabin if it's cheaper and opt for tha tbalcony Pontius mentioned. Grab your oils and soak in that sun as you power out of Barbados!

One love and happy cruising!

Luked, I was just reflecting yesterday how quiet it had been in our cabin. On only one occasion, about 10pm, some children ran down the corridor. A quick glare fixed that. We got more noise in the afternoon from people on the Lido deck above.

At night it was very quiet.

At home our bedroom is BLACK but on the ship, once your vision has adapted to the dark there is a lot light under the door and down the sides. We lay a towel at the bottom of the door. Next time we will take something to hang towels down the sides. We also arranged that one wardrobe door and the bathroom door were both open which also helped but a bungee to hold them would have been a good idea.

Archived