Fort Lauderdale - good restaurant by Marriott Beach Place Towers

lovevacadays

We will be staying at the Marriott Beach Place Towers the night before our cruise. Any suggestions for a good restaurant nearby? Pretty open to type of food. Price range $20ish per person without drinks.

Also, are there shops or anything to walk to from there?

Thanks

Most of the food in the area is not very good. Within Beach Place, you can get great "fun food" at Sloppy Joes and Lulus. The places in the area with reliable good food are H20 (next door), Casablanca Cafe (a few blocks north), and Coconuts (about a half mile south on intracoastal). All have indoor/outdoor dining. These are all in your price range.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like some good places. I guess I am going to have to look at the Marriott website and get more info on where we are staying! Everyone is using the term "complex" so it sounds like they are connected to some restaurants and shops?

Thanks for the info. Sounds like some good places. I guess I am going to have to look at the Marriott website and get more info on where we are staying! Everyone is using the term "complex" so it sounds like they are connected to some restaurants and shops?

Yes, right across the street from the beach is a 3-story shopping/bar/dining complex, and behind it is the hotel. There are public bathrooms and a 24/7 CVS drugstore in the complex, so it's a really convenient place to be.

Yes, as I posted above, it's connected to THIS... http://www.galleryatbeachplace.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Most of the food in the area is not very good. Within Beach Place, you can get great "fun food" at Sloppy Joes and Lulus. The places in the area with reliable good food are H20 (next door), Casablanca Cafe (a few blocks north), and Coconuts (about a half mile south on intracoastal). All have indoor/outdoor dining. These are all in your price range.

Over at tripadvisor, they are posting that Sloppy Joes has closed.

Over at tripadvisor, they are posting that Sloppy Joes has closed.

You are so right, I walked by there today, and noticed that there was no Sloppy Joes sign! The restaurant under it also recently closed (it was a Mediteranian hookah bar/grill and formerly was Palm Grill). Fat Tuesdays, Lulus, and Hooters are still opened and looked busy. I ate lunch at Quarterdeck and it was ok but nothing special...very reasonable prices though. Ate dinner at Casablanca Cafe Sunday night and had a yummy ravioli starter and a delicious grilled trout special (about $21). The service was excellent and there was a fun entertainer in the piano bar. It took about 50 minutes to get a seat outside, so we put our names down and walked to Las Olas and back.

Archived