Doggie bag from the steakhouse???

I'm not sure anyone has ever asked this question before, but as a practical matter what would you do with the leftovers?

i was sorta wondering the same thing. also before long it would be time to go eat again somewhere on the ship.... fresh hot food, not left overs. if you read the fine print on the refrig. they tell you it is really for drinks only, the temp is not even cool enough to store insulin. well the drinks never got cool in any we had, so i sure wouldn't put steak in there.

Yes, They'll do it. I don't eat big meals either.

In fact I kinda like cold lobster and shrimp..the vegies and such are find cold. Makes a nice snack at night. I even asked them to throw in some more bread and the flavored butters..not a problem.

My DW can only have small meals at one time. We were wondering if anyone has ever asked for leftovers to be boxed up from the steakhouse on a Carnival ship.

That is not an option at the Supper Club. There are entree choices that are not huge - and you can always ask for a smaller portion.

That is not an option at the Supper Club. There are entree choices that are not huge - and you can always ask for a smaller portion.

That simply isn't true in my experience. My leftovers were transfered to a round plate with a cover lid when I requested that, the server commented that wasn't uncommon and provided not a 'box' but a normal round plate with lid and even provided some extra bread and seasoned butter in a small dish. Are you speaking from your personal experience here?

Sliced cold steak is wonderful and lobster sandwiches divine! Enjoy!

Cold pizza for breakfast is for peasants!

I didn't know "pheasants" ate pizza.....

I like pheasants for breakfast....

Oops G'ma.....They will plate it and let you take it....Now the hard part is finding the A-1 sauce at 3:00 AM....LOL....

If you order something that is good when cold, I think it would be fine. I like cold steak. You would need to have something to cut it with.

There is so much good food available, I doubt I would do this but I don't see why you could not. Better to eat it later than have it go to waste!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, looks like we have a lot in common. No matter how wonderful the food is, there is only so much of it I can eat, and it's really not that much.

Since there ARE so many choices for food, I just leave whatever I can't eat (actually, that's not true...DH has always been able to, um, take care of it for me), knowing that next meal will be some pretty good food, too!

I am in the midst of reading a review on the Splendor. The author mentions that his tablemates in the MDR wanted to doggy bag their leftovers and were told they could not. If you can do it in the premium restaurant why not in the MDR?

My DW can only have small meals at one time. We were wondering if anyone has ever asked for leftovers to be boxed up from the steakhouse on a Carnival ship.

Tell your wife my co-worker is going through the same thing, In my friend's case she had to have emergency gastric by-pass surgery and she can not eat more than a few ounces of food at a time. If she does she gets violently ill. Hopefully everything will work out for your wife and I can assure you that if Host Mach says, yes it can be done, then you can book it as being true.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Our tablemates were denied their request to take leftovers out of the MDR on our recent Splendor cruise — but our server in the Pinnacle actually ASKED us if we wanted to take our leftovers with us -- and they give you your leftovers on a proper plate with one of those hard plastic covers.

The citrus cheesecake is so delicious but so HUGE that finishing it after a big steak dinner proved a big challenge — so we were glad we had the option to take it back to our stateroom and enjoy it as a bedtime snack.

I am in the midst of reading a review on the Splendor. The author mentions that his tablemates in the MDR wanted to doggy bag their leftovers and were told they could not. If you can do it in the premium restaurant why not in the MDR?

I would venture a guess that because you pay extra for the food in the steakhouse, they let you take what you can't finish if you want it.

Although I'm sure they'll allow you to take food out of the SC, as well as the MDR and even the Lido restaurant, it would end up sitting there, as there's something always being prepared that's fresh.

I'll take fresh over leftovers anytime.

I have read of some restaurants not allowing doggy bags due to the potential of people getting sick from not properly refridgerating food. I know I have left take out containers in the car while I shopped and had to throw it out.

Interesting how some have been allowed to take food and others haven't from the MDR. There should be an established policy that everyone follows on the ships.

Archived