Is there any shopping near Chankanaab?

poya

Hi!

My friend and I are planning on doing the Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab Park and were trying to figure out the best time to book our excursion. We want to do some shopping while we are in Cozumel and weren't sure if it was best to shop before or after. Does anyone know if there is any good shopping near the park? If anyone has done both could you please provide us some information on which you thought was best - shopping before or after the park? We were just thinking that it might be better to shop before going to the park and getting all wet. If there isn't shopping near Chankanaab, would you recommend taking a taxi from the port to shopping and then to the park. I did see that the park closes at 5:00 so it might be better to go to the park first and do everything we want to do there first. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I noticed someone else had posted about time differences and wasn't sure how I needed to account for the ship's time and the actual time in Cozumel (this is my first cruise). Can someone help me out with that too? Thanks!

We were on Enchantment and they had us change the ship time to local Cozumel time.

There is an army of shops right when you get off of the ship. You need to pass through the market to get to the taxi stand. Chankanaab Park is a 5 minute taxi ride from the dock. It's $10 for the cab each way.

We had the 2pm Dolphin Swim. We got off the ship as soon as we could and then walked through the shops on our way to the taxi but didn't buy anything. We wanted to figure out where to shop once we left the park. Didn't really want to carry anything additional to the Park especially because we were buying alcohol. Don't know of any local shopping by the Park. After the dolphin swim we took a taxi back and then went to the stores we scoped out already.

Archived