SNUBA during cruise on AOS and misc AOS ?

I am interested in SNUBA (not SCUBA) during the Southern Caribbean cruise we are taking on the AOS, sailing January 16th.

Our ports are: Aruba, Curacao, Sint Maarten, and St. Thomas.

Our rough plans are:

Aruba - horseback ride thru Rancho del Campo in am, rent Jeep in pm and explore

Curacao - SNUBA/snorkel and lay on beach

St. Maarten - possibly take Lord Sheffield's pirate ship 4 hr trip

St. Thomas - shop, day excursion to St. John

Any previous AOS sailiers have any comments? Your help would be appreciated. -Kelly

Hi Kelly.........My husband and I who are in our 30's will be cruising the same time as you. What the heck is SNUBA? Have you signed up for the meet & mingles party yet?

We are doing the four-wheeling tour in Aruba then will probably find a beach and relax. I will probably need it since I have never been on a 4-wheeler before. In Curacao I think we are gonna do the day pass at Beaches Resort. It cost $60 p/p but it includes lunch, drinks, all there amenities like snorkling and more stuff. If you would like to know more about give me an email and I can send it to you. Calenta23@aol.com

My husband and I did SNUBA in Grand Caymen in April. We loved it!!! We are not dive certified, and with my inner ear, I never want to dive deep enough to get certified.

SNUBA is AWSOME!!! They only let you go 20 below the serface. That's the legal limit you can go with certification. It's exactly like SCUBA except that the air tank is not on your back. They put the tank on a float/raft with a 20 foot air hose. That limits you to 20 feet. It's awsome! We loved it so much we're doing it again in Cozumel in June.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.:D :D :D

Archived