Carnival Glory

trb351

Hi Everyone,

My DH and I are thinking about booking the Carnival Glory out of Miami (Eastern Carribean) sometime in March 2011. We have not sailed the Eastern Carribean before, nor have we sailed on Carnival.

Can anyone tell me what the seas are like that time of year and also would you recommend the Glory?

Thanks!:)

I've never cruised in March, but Glory is my favorite ship!!! I've heard others say she's showing wear, she'll be our of dry-dock soon. I sure will miss her when she leaves Port Canaveral:(....she started our love of cruising!

I will be sailing the Glory right before dry dock, so I don't have any input on the Glory yet...but re: E. Carib...I really enjoyed my trip there...hit St. Thomas and St. Maarten after Nassau (not as fun there, but I can put up with it for St. Thomas and St. Maarten :D).

Where will your E. Carib be going?

I will be sailing the Glory right before dry dock, so I don't have any input on the Glory yet...but re: E. Carib...I really enjoyed my trip there...hit St. Thomas and St. Maarten after Nassau (not as fun there, but I can put up with it for St. Thomas and St. Maarten :D).

Where will your E. Carib be going?

The ports of call are Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. We thought we would try the Eastern Carib this time as the last cruise we took this past Feb had terrible weather. Very rough seas 4 nights out of the seven. I was quite ill and my snorkel tour in Beilize was cancelled due to the weather. I was really looking forward to it. :( (I didn't realize that it was the rainy season in the Western carib that time of the year).

Anyway I didn't think I would be willing to cruise again after that, but here I am! I have been trying to research the weather and sea conditions this time around.

I will be sailing the Glory on the first cruise after drydock (can't wait to see what improvements they make). We will also be sailing the same ports. I will post a review when we get back. I'll also be bringing my blackberry so I will try to post with the upgrades when we are in port. Can't wait.:)

The ports of call are Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. We thought we would try the Eastern Carib this time as the last cruise we took this past Feb had terrible weather. Very rough seas 4 nights out of the seven. I was quite ill and my snorkel tour in Beilize was cancelled due to the weather. I was really looking forward to it. :( (I didn't realize that it was the rainy season in the Western carib that time of the year).

Anyway I didn't think I would be willing to cruise again after that, but here I am! I have been trying to research the weather and sea conditions this time around.

Sorry about your cruise weather. We sailed the Glory to the western Carib Feb 21 of this year. We had almost perfect weather. We had about 5 mins of rain in Cozumel about 3 in the afternoon and another 3 min "downpour" while boating on the Wallace river in Belize. The ship was smooth. I thought that Feb was a good time to go to the Carib in general.

As far as the Glory goes, yea it shows some wear, but we loved the ship. We have not done the eastern route yet so cannot coment on those ports.

Thanks everyone,

We have sailed with NCL twice now and thought we would try Carnival. I am impressed with the positive feedback. (Hopefully we will have better weather, although a cruiseline can hardly be blamed for that.)

Even though we have only been on 2 cruises so far we seem to have developed an unintentional tradition of being caught in a storm the first night out. (Just a little nerve wrackng!) Obviously though it hasn't prevented us from wanting to book another cruise. :D

I haven't heard too many positive things about Nassau. Is there a reason?

I look forward to your review schreader!

The Glory was our second cruise, after being on the Imagination. This ship is awesome! Plenty to do or do nothing at all. Plenty of areas to get some quiet, when you want it. The ship is pretty easy to navigate after you get use to which decks go all the way through the ship. The food, staff and, entertainment were excellent! You won't be disappointed. We did an Exotic Western Caribbean cruise, and would do the Eastern itinerary in a heartbeat.

My husband and I have cruised on Glory twice, both Eastern and Western itineraries. The Glory is a huge boat but there's always plenty of places you can find quiet. We love the Glory and will miss her when she leaves Port Canaveral. Enjoy your cruise!

To those of you who have been on the Glory, how is the buffet set up?

Have only been on the Victory and Triumph and their buffet areas were not good. I know the deli and Chinese station are separate, but how about the main buffet?

Are the salads on the same line as the hot food? This always seems to cause a backup.

Thanks for any info.

We sailed the Glory twice; once in March and once in April. Both were during spring break for our son. We love the ship! Our only complaint was remembering that deck three did not go through to the dining room! As for the buffet, I don't recall. I know that timing is everything....the earlier you get there the shorter the lines. And no one sits upstairs on deck 10 (Panorama) where they serve fish and chips....a great place to find a good seat!

Archived