Legends of the Seas in Venice-where does it dock?

travelgenie

We are in Venice overnight on 9/12-13, does anyone know where, LOS, docks? How far is it to walk to Piazzale Roma and is that the closest place to catch a vaporetta/water taxi? Does anyone have a private tour operator they recommend for Murano/Burano? We have a short day (2:30) our last day in port and was thinking for timing reasons it might be better to have something organized. If anyone has done the Italy/Croatia cruise on LOS, I would love to hear your experiences.

We are in Venice overnight on 9/12-13, does anyone know where, LOS, docks? How far is it to walk to Piazzale Roma and is that the closest place to catch a vaporetta/water taxi? Does anyone have a private tour operator they recommend for Murano/Burano? We have a short day (2:30) our last day in port and was thinking for timing reasons it might be better to have something organized. If anyone has done the Italy/Croatia cruise on LOS, I would love to hear your experiences.

Go to http://www.vtp.it/pages/comeRaggiungerci/mappa.jsp?term=VT01 for a map that shows the location in relationship to Piazalle Roma. You will dock at Bancino Stazione Martima. You will note a long quay on the right side of the page. When we were on the LOS we docked on the left side of it all of the way out on the end. It is about a 15 minute walk to Piazzale Roma for the vaperetto.

We did Murano and BUrano on the second morning. Click the review link in sig line to read about it (including a vaperetto warning).

Thanks again for your help. I did read your review and take note on your experience in Murano/Burano, which is why I am looking for a possible private tour or even hire a water taxi to take us there directly. I have emailed a couple of tour operators, one that I saw on these boards and another that I googled. Neither of them have responded, worse case scenerio is we take the ships excursion, we don't mind paying more to get exactly what we want for the limited time we will be there.

Archived