Celebrity Infinity Activities on Board?

Kschn3671

Hi. I going on the Celebrity Infinity to Alaska in less then a week.

I have been talking to several people who said that Celebrity's Cruises

are more "Laid Back" in comparison to some other cruise lines.

I realize that Alaska tends to be an older crowd, but I am wondering

how "Laid Back" it is. I am in my late 30's and definately not

the party type (Going to bars, dancing, etc.). However, I enjoy

going to some of the silly events I experienced on other cruises like "Not So Newlywed Game",

"Beanbag Toss", "Scavenger Hunt", etc. Does the Celebrity have any events like this?

I also realize that the focus of the cruise wont be on the pool area unlike previous cruises

where for some people "Day at Sea" consist

of sitting by the pool.

I realize that it isnt the "Fun Ship" and caters to a slightly different clientele. This is part of

the reason why I choose the ship-For the Great Service, Food, and

Elegance. However, I just want to know if I should bring a whole bunch of books

or a deck of cards if this is what the

majority of the activities consist of.

I am guessing the cruise has an art auction, movie theater, and bingo and trivia activities like other ships.

I read about some offerings which the cruise offers such as nature lectures, etc.

Does Celebrity offer any Astrology lessons at night or different activities versus the "normal" cruise?

Please feel free to share experiences in regards to activities on board

Celebrity which makes them unique versus other ships.

Thanks;)

There will be plenty to do on board don't worry. I have been cruise since 2001, I am now 40. If you look at my cruise list below, X is my line of choice. I have sailed other lines, but prefer X's more relaxed style. I am not a reader or one to lay by the pool, so having things to do is important to me. I have never been bored.

I like X because of the food quality, service and more laid back style. No announcements is oh so nice. You will have a great time.

There are activities all day, but they are different. I don't think I've ever seen the "Not so newlywed game", but there are contests, bingo, etc. all the time. The highlight of the Infinity’s Alaska season has been the Naturalist's lectures. Brent Nixon is on board for this season and he is both knowledgeable and an excellent public speaker, so his talks are a "must go" for many.

If you search the forums, there are some folks with copies of the dailies from this season that will e-mail them to you by request.

They DO have the Not So Newlywed Game---the last two or three cruises, the contestants were so funny that we almost fell out of our chairs. They also have trivia, Name That Tune, wine tasting, bingo and lots of other things going on. I've not seen a bean bag toss or a hairy chest contest, but you won't be bored.

There are activities all day, but they are different. I don't think I've ever seen the "Not so newlywed game", but there are contests, bingo, etc. all the time. The highlight of the Infinity’s Alaska season has been the Naturalist's lectures. Brent Nixon is on board for this season and he is both knowledgeable and an excellent public speaker, so his talks are a "must go" for many.

If you search the forums, there are some folks with copies of the dailies from this season that will e-mail them to you by request.

You might be referring to my previous posts on the Infinity schedule. I got the dailies from my coworker that came back from her cruise in June and I uploaded that online:

http://photobucket.com/Harryfat1celebritydaily

We just came back from the same cruise last week (8/14 to 8/21). Our schedule is slightly different than the one in June, but it’s about 95% the same, so being lazy, I have no plans to scan those and upload the revised version. Just use the older version for your planning purposes.

To the OP, if you want the PDF version because the jpeg conversion is harder to maneuver and print, go ahead and email me at Harryfat@Yahoo.com and I will you send the 7 files in PDF. Just keep in mind the files are large (12 MB) and so folks email firewall blocks that and then I will need to break them down into separate email and forward to you in piecemeal.

The nature series by Brent Nixon is entertaining. Think there were 3 or 4 of them in general. Some reviewers think he’s board line over the top, so it depends on what you like.

You would be surprised how many people have books sitting by the pool – either the indoor T-pool (bring swimming trunk if you want to dip in 90 degree warm water, we did and very relaxing) or by the outdoor pool with the ship provided blankets or at the back wake where there’s less wind. Constellation lounge also have some book readers with its cozy chairs and wide glass.

We went inside the library (2 floors), but didn’t check out any books. If you have your own set of books you prefer to read, by all means, bring them.

I was on the Infinity the end of July to Alaska. It was a remarkable trip!

They had the Newlywed game and recorded it so as to later broadcast it on their tv station.

Some of the other activities I enjoyed was three scrapbooking classes, daily mass, Brent Nixon (yes, he can be a bit over the top, but he certainly is very knowledgeable and can point out points of interest that you would otherwise never know). There were art auctions, wine tasting, difference music venues around the ship, exercise classes and much more.

I found the library to be lacking in books that I was interested in reading. I was glad I took a couple of my own although I ended up only reading at the airport and on the plane.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived