Dawn AD Suite

greenie

We booked one of the AD Suites (aka Romance Suite) for the 5/1/05 cruise. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me:

1) Is there any sort of bar set-up included? I don't think so, but wanted to make sure. Can we order a couple of bottles of liquor from the butler or concierge once we board or do we have to do that beforehand?

2) Is the whirlpool tub big enough for 2 people :-) or is it just regular (single) size?

3) Our suite is one of the end ones--does the balcony wind around the corner at all, or is it a straight-across-the-aft balcony?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Greenie

Carnival Sensation 1994

Carnival ? 1998

RCC Adventure of the Seas 2004

No bar set up (only AA and Garden Villas). If you wait until you're onboard to order from the butler, they will charge you by the shot (no joke). I suggest calling the NCL number and ordering what you want beforehand. It's still expensive (about $40 for Absolut or Bacardi) but cheaper than onboard.

Can't answer the other questions.....sorry!

I'm pretty sure the tub isn't "for two". I remember seeing photos and it looked the same size as in the other suites (photo below is an AB suite)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/100640229/100640309UksWBw

Judging by this photo, the balcony does not wrap around (see white divider blocking):

http://community.webshots.com/photo/53680305/62388268OVyPOF

We did the bar set up also, as a reminder make sure you tell the butler what you paid per bottle if you need to reorder more on board. I don't think $40.00 a bottle is not a bad price, you would pay $20.00 per bottle in a store here, so 15 drinks divided by $ 20.00 is $1.33 a drink extra ??

I can't vouch for the NCL Dawn, but the corner AD Romance Suite on the NCL Star brochure DID show a wrap around balcony, but in reality it was blocked off. If I stood on my tiptoes and strained my neck, I did get to see round the corner a bit!! (we were in 10726)

Our cabin on the NCL Star was decorated beautifully (zebra print bedspread, funky bold coloured pictures - I kid you not!) but sadly no jacuzzi tub either, just a very nice single person tub with shower....

Have a great time

You should have either a webpage (I remember there was a webpage that you could pre order excursions and extra items for your cabin)... or something you will get with your boarding documents that will have all the "extra" things you can purchase before the cruise...

My wife and I were in that suite on our June cruise. It was wonderful and you will enjoy it. To answer some of your questions: There is only a regular tub, no Jacuzzi. However, right above the suite one flight up is the spa with a great jacuzzi that is not used much. We would go up there and relax, then down a back stairway that lead right to our door. My wife loved the vanity/dressing area. The balcony is huge and comfortable. Great views and very relaxing. It does wrap around the side. However, there is a door that blocks you from walking around the side. Someone said we could ask to have it openned. but we didn't feel it was necassary. The best part of the suite is the extra services. We received canopies each night before dinner which ranged from fruit to cheese and crakers to caviar. A bottle of champagne was delivered to our suite just before sail-a-way. We had breakfast each morning in our suite. The butler arrived right on time each day. He came in, set the table with nice linens, served breakfast and then left us alone. We had everything from waffles to pancakes to eggs, etc. We sat right by the door to the balcony, which we left open to listen to the water. It was great. The Conceirge (sp) took care of all of our dinner reservations and we never had to wait to be seated. The night before each port she would drop off infomation on the port, things to see and do, places to shop, etc. We also got priority tendering at ports, were the first ones off the ship at debarkation, received priority service at embarkation. We always had fresh flowers and fruit in the suite as well. The bed is huge. A real Queen size bed. Not 2 doubles pushed together. It is very comfortable with very nice sheets and a down comforter. There's lots of storage and drawers for your things. A large TV with a DVD/CD player. Fridge/coffee maker/bar (need to order set-up). It is also located at the end of the hall and around a corner. It is in a very peaceful location. We never heard anyone in the halls/above or below us. It was the nicest suite we have ever had and frankly, the best cruise we have been on yet. You will really enjoy it. Have a great time.

Thanks so much for all the info--you all have been very helpful. LogCabin, your detailed info was so cool--thank you. Wow, now I am REALLY excited! (As if I weren't alREADY excited!)

I guess I don't really care if the tub is a whirlpool or not, seeing as it's only for one and a "real" Jacuzzi is only one flight up anyway. But it is odd that it is not a whirlpool ...I've read descriptions of the Romance Suite on a number of Web sites and they have called it a whirlpool tub! A bit of false advertising, I guess?! :confused:

Oh well, as I said, no biggie. And I am so glad to hear all the great things you said about it!:)

Greenie

Thanks so much for all the info--you all have been very helpful. LogCabin, your detailed info was so cool--thank you. Wow, now I am REALLY excited! (As if I weren't alREADY excited!)

I guess I don't really care if the tub is a whirlpool or not, seeing as it's only for one and a "real" Jacuzzi is only one flight up anyway. But it is odd that it is not a whirlpool ...I've read descriptions of the Romance Suite on a number of Web sites and they have called it a whirlpool tub! A bit of false advertising, I guess?! :confused:

Oh well, as I said, no biggie. And I am so glad to hear all the great things you said about it!:)

Greenie

From NCL.com

AD

Designed for romance, these suites include a living area, private balcony, dining area, bedroom with queen-size bed, CD/DVD library and luxury bath and shower. Butler service and concierge available

AA

.... luxury bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Butler service and concierge available.

Thanks cruise mouse! I'll give them a call!

MrTractor<-----------likes to pour his own when he can............

I called yesterday and ordered. Limited Brands - No Kettle or Grey Goose.Ended up with Absolute for $43. Stolli was $53.

Be sure you ask for an email confirmation. The default is not to send one. Bring a copy. This process has been known to fail. They normally ask for all orders two weeks prior to your cruise.

Good luck

......from Guest Services. I have a full stand behind bar in my suite, so I figured it was the right thing to do! Four litres ought to get me through until Tuesday! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAhahahahaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....:eek:....OuCh!....

MrTractor<--------isn't saving money, just space and weight in his luggage....;) ........

Archived