Tour Mayan Palaces of Cahal Pech by Royal Carribean

LKitt82566

Has anyone gone on this tour " Mayan Palaces of Cahal Pech by Royal Carribean?" It is one of the tours listed by Royal Carribean excursions for the Splendour of the Seas. We will be on the Splendour Feb 26 and in Belize Wed March 2 and would love to hear about this tour. Is it 4 hours and 45 mintues with the tendering time included going to Belize and then tendering back to ship. I just don't want a tour anylonger than 5 hours and wondered if the tendering time is included. Are you in the first tenders off and how early is that?

Anyone on the Splendour, could you find out anything about this tour?

I am also interested if anyone has taken this tour. I know everyone seems to love the cave tubing, but it is not for me. My family and I are going on the Explorer of the Seas January 30th. We would rather not stay on the ship. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Lori

We took this same tour through Princess. I am positive that you will be using the same guides and transportation. The 4hr45min time you quoted does not include tendering. Cahal Pech is about 70 miles inland, so you've got about 90 minutes travel time each way. The roads are good and there is lots to see on the way. Unfortunately, you don't get quite enough time at the ruins site itself to do it justice. Still, we thought it was well worth the trip. Our guide(s) were extremely knowledgeable and friendly. I would warn you that this tour is inappropriate for those who cannot walk long distances or need a great deal of assistance getting around.

Archived