J2 Drink Packages only for large groups?

Traveling D's

Werebimbo, I am booked on the Serena Eastern Med Cruise on 11 October and have been offered the J2 package for £180 each. Do most drinks on board fall within the 7 euro limit? We don't really drink wine so would be looking at mineral water, soft drinks, beer and sprit + mixer (plus a few cocktails). Rougly how many drinks do you reckon you would have to be taking in a day to break even on this deal? thanks

Werebimbo, I am booked on the Serena Eastern Med Cruise on 11 October and have been offered the J2 package for £180 each. Do most drinks on board fall within the 7 euro limit? We don't really drink wine so would be looking at mineral water, soft drinks, beer and sprit + mixer (plus a few cocktails). Rougly how many drinks do you reckon you would have to be taking in a day to break even on this deal? thanks

I have just returned yesterday from the Romantica and found J2 fantastic. No confusion at all and staff seemed fully aware. To answer your question water soft drinks beer and cocktails were fine - the spirit and mixer could cause a problem but there is a way round it!! It costs 7.20 for G & T, bacardi & coke etc but you just order a neat gin/bacardi and also a tonic/coke we did this every night it was fine as its about 5.50 for the spirit and 2.60 for the mixer so under 7.00. To break even you only need about 5 drinks to get value for money, if you include cappuchino and a couple of cokes etc it's even better and the tip is included.

Thanks lynnek, that would probably work quite well for us as a glass of coke would probably last 2 or 3 spirits anyway. Do they have a good range of spirits on board? We usually drink rum (either dark rum or Morgan's spiced).

• 4 weeks later...

I tried today to pre purchase this as well and was sent to group bookings. They said I wasn't eligible. Only available to groups.

If my TA sells 8 unrelated folks cabins on this ship, do they convert their clients to group status, thus it could possibly be an option down the road?

Yes, I was told the same thing from Costa. The passengers on this board that received the J2 package were all booked thru agencies that had 8 or more cabins booked. Even though the passengers didn't know each other, they were given the perks of group travel that the agency qualified for. :mad:

Maybe we should all call our friends to book the same cruise with us just to get the package???

Archived