Carnival Spirit Ensenada transfers

mcgovernsandra

We are thinking of booking the Carnival Spirit Ensenada to Hawaii cruise next year. Does anyone know if Carnival will still shuttle you from San Diego airport to Ensenada if you buy airfare on your own and NOT through the cruiseline? If they do not, does anyone know what it would cost to get there on your own?

We are taking this cruise in reverse on 9/28/09. We did not purchase airfare from Carnival or any transfers. However, when we received our documents, there was included a FREE transfer from the port in Ensenada to either L.A. or S.D. airport, so I am almost certain that they will provide YOU with transfers from the S.D. airport to the pier in Ensenada. But just to make sure, why not call Carnival's toll free number and find out.

Hi. We just booked the Apr 11 and 23 Spirit cruises back to back. Here is the info I received from a fellow CCer and verified through Carnival. If you are flying in a day or more early -go to the port on Apr 11 and check in and you will be given a number which will allow you on a bus. If you are flying in the day of the cruise -i.e. Apr 11 -a carnival rep will meet you in baggage claim between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. and you will be bussed to the port to check in. Apparently you can check in starting around 11:30. In the past they had buses going to Seaport Village so you could go there look around, have lunch then return to the port. If your number had already been called by the time you get back, you can just get on any bus and go. Hope this info helps. Check out the Roll call for the cruise. Great info. CCers' are the BEST!!

Fran

GREAT! Thanks so much for the info. I think we will be booking the April 11 cruise. We are currently booked on the Celebrity Equinox for April 9, but have done so many cruises to the Caribbean, that we are considering doing something "exciting and new" and Hawaii will certainly offer that!

Archived