Port of Mobile Question

The Mobile port is modern and relatively small, probably a good combination for you. Of the four we have sailed from [Miami, Canaveral, NOLA and Mobile] Mobile is easily the best for embarkation and debarkation. Some of that may be attributable to the size of the ship [around 1,500 passengers]; when Fantasy moves there, we will see.

In my opinion, you will find it a breeze compared to most other ports. Parking and everything else are under the same roof.

We are cruising in Sept on the Holiday before she is sent away. This will be the first time to sail from Mobile so I have a few questions and I could use the information. Is there a lot of walking from the parking to the ship ? Ample handicap parking ? Are there convienient motels/hotels close to the port ?

The Mobile port facility is great. As noted by others, the parking garage is right there at the terminal. You pull in, drop your luggage, go up a ramp, pay to park, take the elevator down, and you are standing in the check-in line at security. They do have overflow parking lots across the street, just a minute walk away.

They do have handicapped parking slots, but I can't say if they are "ample". They have the legal amount, right next to the elevators.

http://shipmobile.com/photos/photos/7507.jpg

Jetskier, I don't see your van parked under the interstate in this photo!! Where you at?!

Have they installed the new jetway for Fantasy yet?

I believe the sign that says "NO PARKING" and "TOW-AWAY ZONE" is why you dont see me parked there. :p The new gangway is suppose to be in operation starting Oct 1st. They should be starting on it soon per the news article.

Dave

Archived