Airline can get me a flight arriving at 12:09, if want to change to day before $100pp

LastofSeptember

Ugh! I am so frustrated, I wish I would have just booked the air w/ the cruise and saved myself this stress. I booked these flights MONTHS ago, so of course now they're getting changed, I called and asked if we could fly in the day before since I was nervous about cutting it close and they said sure, for $100 pp + the fare difference. I understand that this is the normal fee, but I don't know if there is any way around this. I also tried to call Carnival and book transfers from the airport to the port, and I was told I had to do that through expedia where I booked the cruise. Is this the actually the case? I know when I cruised on RC I bought them directly from RC after I had booked with expedia...

1. Have you ever gotten the airline to wave the exchange penalty fees?

2. Is 12:09 cutting it close to get to the ship on time?

3. Do you have to book the transfers with your travel agent?

4. Am I am a complete idiot?

5. Your remarks here.

If your flight is a United flight then if your flight doesn't leave in 24 hours you can cancel for free and rebook another flight. We did this on United. Its $100 to change the ticket plus the difference. So it would be better to cancel. I know United does this but I'm not aure about other airlines, check.

I am not sure which airline you are flying.... last year I had booked my air about 9 mths in advance. A week before we were set to fly out they cancelled the flight and the new flight they scheduled me for arrived at 7pm. I called the airline and spoke with a supervisor, explained the situation (i.e going on a cruise, needed to be there first thing in the morning) and they gave me the option of flying a day earlier (for free). I think arriving at 12:09 is alright though, and you should have no problems making it to the pier on time. It might be cutting it close if you are somewhere where flights are often delayed to due weather.... You might want to check with the airline to see if you could fly "standby" with your tickets for a day earlier...

As for the transfers, you can buy them at the airport when you arrive, OR in advance with carnival. (If you booked through expedia, call them and you should be able to purchase them through them as well)

If the flight arrives on time there should be no problems. The maximum it should take from the time you land until you are at the ship is 1 1/2 hours assuming everything is slow. You could be there in 45 minutes. I would be more concerned about the flight it's self. Is it a direct flight. Does it go through Atlanta or Chicago? Is there a backup flight that maybe goes to Ft Lauderdale? Ft Lauderdale is about a 1 hour drive from the Miami port. The reason I suggest this is if the Miami flight is delayed they could put you on the Ft Lauderdale flight. On more possibility is as a last resort fly into Melborne Fl. It's about a 2 hour drive to the Miami Port. I know this dosen't help but when we lived in California we always flew in the day before just to avoid the stress you are now having. Good Luck

Skip the tranfers..!! Cab is so much easier, and you don't have to wait until the bus fills up!! :D

1209 is a great time to arrive.. pickup your baggage, head to the street, jump in a cab and be on the ship by 2 PM, having lunch on Lido by 230!! :)

If you are worried about flights, make a note of other flights departing your designated airports, close to your scheduled departure times in case your flight is delayed or cancelled.. You'll be 'one up' on everyone else on your flight.. :D

Have a great time..!!

Not to put a negative view towards this-- but my husband and I had flights for the same day as the cruise left-- we were originally supposed to get into Miami at 11 something.. and then at the last minute they changed it to 12 something.... no big deal so I thought --- we had a connecting flight in Cincinatti-- our flight had problems and arrived almost 2 hours late to Cincinatti... we missed our connecting flight and the earliest they could get us into Miami was 9:00 at night... (this was our honeymoon).. and so yes, we missed the ship! We didn't catch up until the 4th day of the 7 day cruise (it was 2 sea days.. 1 day at a private island.. and then to Jamaica... where we caught up with the ship... not a fun experience--- so if you have a connecting flight I'd definitely try and get that flight changed. We had travel insurance and they did not cover the expenses. So yes, I'd definitely try and change it.

If you fly Air Tran they will allow you to get an earlier flight the same day with no charge if it is available. A few years ago my wife and I organized a cruise with 13 couples and were to fly out the day of the cruise. Only problem from the midwest we were going to get hit by a large snow storm that weekend and the possiblity fo missing the cruise was a reality. I called the airlines and ask if there was anything they could do. At first they said no because I needed to work with group booking, and it was New Years Day, ( we had booked thru the cruiseline), then after I explained the situation and told them I could help eliminate part of their problem by transporting people early so they would not have to re-book people for weather delays. They checked with their supervisor and I had 3 couples that flew out that night ( 2 days before the cruise ) and 8 couples that flew out the next morning and the best part no extra charge. thank You Delta

Hey did you post on the knot as well (he he :D ) well if you are flying into Miami and getting in at 12:09 and the ship leaves from Miami - you will have no problem what so ever getting to the port in time. My mom flew into Miami for our cruise over Christmas (Dec. 18th - Dec. 25th) and didn't get into Miami until about 1:30 and made it to our cruise with no problems. Last year, we got into Ft. Lauderdale around 12:45 and had to travel down to the port of Miami and had no problems at all. BUT if you are still concerned, call Delta and ask to speak to a supervisor explain what happened and that their flight change caused the problem. If you do not like the answer they give, hang up and try again. You will get a different person and maybe someone that will help you out. Hope this helps.

And if you didn't post on the knot. Sorry, maybe it was just a coincidence that I read a similiar post like 10 min ago!!

The soon to be Mrs. Sgriff17!!:D :D

Archived