Puntanares Tour: Trying to decide between these two tours.

Tina-Ann

We will be in Puntarenas this December and our planning a tour with JJ Tours. These are the two options...

TOUR A1 CROCODILE AND ADVENTURE: "THIS ADVENTURE STARTS WITH A ONE HOUR DRIVE, THEN A SHORT WALK THROUGH THE MAGROVESON, THEN YOU WOULD BOARD A BOAT FOR A ONE HOUR RIVER RIDE ON THE TARCOLES RIVER, WHERE YOU WILL SEE A VARIETY OF BIRDS (OSPREYS,GULLS,TERNS,CORMORANTS,PELICANSAND FRIGATES BIRDS), COCODRILS IGUANAS, ORCHIDS AND MORE. THIS TOUR WILL PROVIDE A GREAT UNDERSTANDING OF WHY WE MUST PRESERVE THE TROPICAL RAIN FORETS. ON THE WAY WE ALSO STOP AT THE ANIMALS PLACE , DURATION 6 HRS.

TOUR A2 SARCHI SHOPPING, SIGHTSEEING AND COUNTRY SIDE: SARCHI IS THE HOME OF MANY CRATSMANS. THIS SCENIC TOWN IS LOCATED IN THE WETS ARES OF THE CENTRAL VALLEY JUST 40 MILES AWAY FROM PUNTARENASIS AND IS SURROUNDED BY COFFEE AND SUGAR CANE PLANTATION. AS GUESTS PASS THROUGH THIS TOWN THEY WILL DISCOVER THE COSTARICA FARMERS MOST IMPORTANT SYMBOLS, THE BRIGHTLY COLORED HAND PAINTED OXCART. ALSO, A LARGE VARIETY OF WOODCRAFT, LEATHER GOODS AND SOUVENIRS. WE WILL ALSO VISIT THE TOWN OF GRECIA. AFTER GRECIA WE WILL BEGIN THE 1:45 MINUTE DRIVE BACK THROUGH THE GREEN BLUE MOUTAINS. WE WILL STOP FOR LUNCH AT A RESTAURANT ON THE BEACH, AND ALSO A STOP AT AN ANIMAL PLACE, COFFEEE PLANTATION, AND PUNTARENAS CITY TOUR.

We are a family of 4 (boys ages 13 and 10) and are up for anything, just wanted input from anyone who has done either of these...Thanks in advance

I am wondering the same thing about Puntarenas. We are on Regent Panama Canal on 12/28/09. Some of our free/included choices are Skywalk in the Forest, La Paz Waterfalls, Tropical Train Ride and Exotic Mangrove Glide or Poas Volcano and Sarchi. Any thoughts or comments are welcome. Thanks!

We are on the Regent Panama cruise as well and I was looking at the Puntarenas excursions. One strange thing I noticed. Several of the cruises are listed as 9 hours long (and one 10 hours long) when the ship arrives at 0:700 and leaves at 16:00 -- only 9 hours. The waterfalls and volcano excursions are listed as 9 hours. I am planning on calling Regent to try to find out what is going on, but am not booking any Puntarenas excursions until I find out.

Archived