Some questions for scubagirl

kolebyt1996

first of I wanted to thank you for all of your help on this board. We have had a really hard time figuring out what to do and you have helped alot with our decisions. But we do have a few more questions, we are most likely going to the fish fry on Arawak cay after our sea and see tour and we were wondering if there was a public beach by the fish fry or really close to it? And if there is do you think it will be affected by the dredging? we will be there on the 24 of September.

Thanks for all of your help!

first of I wanted to thank you for all of your help on this board. We have had a really hard time figuring out what to do and you have helped alot with our decisions. But we do have a few more questions, we are most likely going to the fish fry on Arawak cay after our sea and see tour and we were wondering if there was a public beach by the fish fry or really close to it? And if there is do you think it will be affected by the dredging? we will be there on the 24 of September.

Thanks for all of your help!

The area around the fish fry is Arawak Cay and it has been affected by the dredging. You would have to go to either Cable Beach or Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island to avoid it

Hope you don't mind me asking another question on this thread ~ scubagirrl you have a ton of info and I really need suggestions. I have been to Nassau several times ~ went to Atlantis, walked the shops in the main section of town, had a few drinks at bars in town, etc. I'm visiting with a friend who has never been to the Bahamas and I'm stressing over what to do for her to have a good time.

Considering Breezes ~ do you know if day passes are always available or if they sell out? Also, would you recommend this beach for somebody who has never been to the Bahamas?

Would it be better to walk through the straw market, shops, to the fish fry for lunch or a local restaurant and stop at some local pubs? Just trying to get suggestions on the most fun for somebody who has never been. Also, I think Gucci does not charge sales tax ~ is this correct?

Any suggestions on local bars that are walkable from the ship? Good local restaurants for lunch? Any place that even if we had to take a cab would be great for lunch and drinks?

We're open to any ideas, so suggestions would be great. Thanks~

scubagirrl, a few more questions ~ I saw that you mentioned the pool at Breezes is usually dirty. As I mentioned in my above question we are considering Breezes, but that does not sound fun. How is the Sheraton? Are there a lot of kids or is there an adult only pool there?

Would love your suggestions on what to do.

scubagirrl, a few more questions ~ I saw that you mentioned the pool at Breezes is usually dirty. As I mentioned in my above question we are considering Breezes, but that does not sound fun. How is the Sheraton? Are there a lot of kids or is there an adult only pool there?

Would love your suggestions on what to do.

The Sheraton has 3 pools. Most of the kids are usually at the zero entry pool, though I have never seen that many kids there. The heated pool with the swim up bar is the one I like the best. I have never seen it dirty in the 3 trips I've taken there. You can get a raft to use from the activities tent on the beach (it's included with day pass).

Archived