Hawaii with Cunard?

jax

what insight do you need - what is different about Cunard or Hawaiithat you are concerned about?? We are booked on the LA to Sydney sector of the QE maiden voyage - calls into 2 ports in Hawaii. we have been there before but hapy to go again coz it's the ship we want to be on :)

what insight do you need - what is different about Cunard or Hawaiithat you are concerned about?? We are booked on the LA to Sydney sector of the QE maiden voyage - calls into 2 ports in Hawaii. we have been there before but hapy to go again coz it's the ship we want to be on :)

Not a good answer to the OP question.

Chill

Jackie :)

Has any one gone to Hawaii via Cunard? There is a 2011 voyage on Queen Victoria and need any insight that can be given.
I can't recall Cunard doing more that pit stops on a world cruise before so the question is certainly valid when looking at it as a Hawaii-centric journey.

The Queen Victoria will be doing the 14 day round-trip from LA. This mean only four port stops in Hawaii, not five: Hilo (not Kona), Honolulu, Nawiliwili on Kauai and Lahaina on Maui.

The sights are certainly nice, but I do wish they had selected the 15 day itinerary and added Kona to the end of the islands. Hilo is very nice, close to the Volcanoes national park, and has a great Ukulele store, but frankly it's a bit wet. Rainiest city in the United States in fact.

Princess also dropped Kona when they switched from 15 to 14 days, but I believe HAL is still offering a 15 day journey.

I'd say my only other personal hesitation with Cunard's plans would be the weather in January & February. To my great surprise I discovered how much it rains, especially in Hilo, Nawiliwili and Lahaina. I was there at the end of March so that would account for a bit more spring showers, though the actual climate rainfall avereage are close to the same in March and April as for January and February.

I can't recall Cunard doing more that pit stops on a world cruise before so the question is certainly valid when looking at it as a Hawaii-centric journey.

The Queen Victoria will be doing the 14 day round-trip from LA. This mean only four port stops in Hawaii, not five: Hilo (not Kona), Honolulu, Nawiliwili on Kauai and Lahaina on Maui.

The sights are certainly nice, but I do wish they had selected the 15 day itinerary and added Kona to the end of the islands. Hilo is very nice, close to the Volcanoes national park, and has a great Ukulele store, but frankly it's a bit wet. Rainiest city in the United States in fact.

Princess also dropped Kona when they switched from 15 to 14 days, but I believe HAL is still offering a 15 day journey.

I'd say my only other personal hesitation with Cunard's plans would be the weather in January & February. To my great surprise I discovered how much it rains, especially in Hilo, Nawiliwili and Lahaina. I was there at the end of March so that would account for a bit more spring showers, though the actual climate rainfall avereage are close to the same in March and April as for January and February.

Now that is a helpful post and is exactly what the Op was after i guess, some people on this board are not very helpful

Archived