Mazatlan Frank or Stone Island Mazatlan??

mickym

Trying to decide between these two tours. It's hard to miss out on Frank after reading on these boards. On the other hand, the Stone Island Mazatlan tour looks like a lot of fun and we would have to forgo the horseback riding, etc if we do the tour with Frank. For those of you that have had experience with this what would you choose?

I've done both tours and I prefer Mazatlan Frank's tour hands down. Yes, you will miss out on horsebacking riding on the beach which is a neat experience but Frank's tour is so comprehensive and fun.

Although, if you are more of a hang out at the beach type of person you may prefer Stone Island. It was too long of time there for me.

What I like about Frank's tour is you see so much of Mazatlan you wouldn't typically get to see.

We had such a great time with Mazatlan Frank last Nov that we are working on planning for a land vacation there! I think it really depends on what you want to do. A tour with Mazatlan Frank is a through tour of the city but it is not a beach day and no horses! :)

But Maztlan Frank gets an A+ if a day in the city of Maztlan is what you want to do!

Agree with Chloedmom. If you want a lot of beach time, then choose Stone Island. Otherwise, you will have a great day with Frank. We have done a lot of independent tours, both in the MR, and in the Caribbean and Frank tops our list!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Frank it is. I just hope I can get him and he's not already booked for the day we are there. I'm not that much of a beach person so Frank sounds perfect. I'll give him a call as soon as my TA gets back to me so I can get our cruise booked.

We did both last month. The 1/2 day tour with Frank and then he dropped us off near the entrance to the water taxis that take you to Stone Island. We went to Victor's for shrimp (yummy!) and played in the water for awhile before heading back to our ship.

I highly recommend doing it this way - best of both worlds :D!

Frank customizes his tours to YOUR interest..All you have to do if you want to horse back ride is tell him and he can add that to your tour with him...We did Franks tour in January and at my request he dropped us off to horse back ride in what was amazing to say the least, then picked us up and we resumed our tour with him..The best of both worlds definitely!!!!

Archived