Any recent Carnival Glory brides?

I'm looking to see if there are any recent Carnival Glory brides out there and if you could fill me in on your experiences. I've read a few threads but the majority of them were from 2006 and 2007.

I'm getting married on the Glory next May and I'm hoping it goes well. I've already decided to bring my own cake topper (found a cool place that does personalized ones so they will look like us. A suprise for my fiance) and a place in Australia that does the realistic hibiscus flower bouquet.

Just wanted to see how other people's experiences went. Thanks!

There was an April 2009 review of a wedding on the Carnival Glory with pictures in the post (link below). I believe the first picture links she posted didn't work. You'll have to scroll down further in the thread to get the link that works.

I'm also getting married on the Carnival Glory. My wedding date is April 25, 2010 in the Miami, FL port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=974813&highlight=carnival+glory

I was married on the Glory Nov 1, 2008.

The only problem I had was out of everyone's control. The ship was delayed coming in to port because of a medical emergency on board. We were getting married in port (at embarkation) and most guests were non-sailing. The Glory didn't dock until 3:00 pm (instead of 7:00 am). So instead of having our wedding in the afternoon as planned, it was held at 7:00 pm (by the time we were able to board).

We had booked a 'luncheon' reception which was supposed to be served in the dining room as a sit down meal.

Everyone worked to ensure the wedding and reception was wonderful. Although we had to wait - when we finally got to it - everything was great! We got the video and it was wonderful. The food was great and I loved it. For us - it was a perfect day that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

We were married in the Green room and ended up with our reception in the Cin-a-bar (it was supposed to be in the dining room - but because of the late departure, this was not possible). Even with the moved location - it was great.

The Glory is a wonderful ship and we will probably sail her again for an 'anniversary' cruise one of these days.

Congrats on your upcomming wedding.

Archived