RCCL or Carnival out of Galveston???

Texancruisers

My wife and I are planning on a 7 night January cruise out of Galveston. We want to take my wife's elderly mother and her elderly cousin. Which cruise line might be best and why? They still get around pretty well.

One advantage RCCL has is the fact that we have been on 4 cruises with them and would get bumped up to Platinum.

Which might have the best food and atmosphere for older people?

Well, there are many different opinions for this one, I'm sure. Here's mine: We have been on RCCL once, and Carnival twice. So not the most seasoned cruisers, but we have already established that we will always go carnival with our kids, but RCCL if it is just adults. So, I vote RCCL for you guys!

We cruised on the Voyager last February out of Galveston. It is a wonderful ship and older cruisers may prefer it to the party atmosphere of the Conquest. We love both lines but Carnival is usually a bit rowdier! We plan to go back to the Voyager again this February!

I have sailed both lines and love them both. If I were choosing as elderly it would be RCCL, simply because it is a little calmer. I just think it probably would be quieter, lol.

If for some reason you couldn't cruise on the company of your choice, by all means book with the other. The trip will be mostly what you make of it anyway and both are a wonderful time.

Hope this helps:)

Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas has:

• The Royal Promenade (A main street USA themed mall; Has Parades at night)
  • A larger main pool area (Two large pools in main pool area; adult only pool)
  • A larger sports area (Has rock climbing, In-line skating, Golf simulator)
  • An ice skating rink (for ice skating; has ice show performances at night)
  • More Bars & lounges (In case that matters to you; it doesn't me)
  • More Resturaunts (There's even a classic diner and a cafe)
  • Viking Crown lounge (On the highest deck of the ship, overlooks the pool deck & the ocean)
  • And overall looks better! (Just a personal opinion from looking at lots of photos of both)

The Carnival Conquest has:

• A large outdoor movie screen (Imagine how fun New Years would be with this!)
  • A twisty waterslide

Have fun!

• 1 year later...
Rccl

Hello.........................I saw online that you had sailed one of those Maine Schooners. We were looking at one ourselves for this year as well as a American Cruise Line (large Yacht or Mini-ship) as an alternative. Did you enjoy the schooner. We sailed on Windjammer cruises in the Caribbean i the 90's and did not like it much. But we had heard the Maine Schooners are differant and VERY enjoyable !

We cruised on the Voyager last February out of Galveston. It is a wonderful ship and older cruisers may prefer it to the party atmosphere of the Conquest. We love both lines but Carnival is usually a bit rowdier! We plan to go back to the Voyager again this February!

Really? We Have found RCCL more rowdy than CCL.

Hello.........................I saw online that you had sailed one of those Maine Schooners. We were looking at one ourselves for this year as well as a American Cruise Line (large Yacht or Mini-ship) as an alternative. Did you enjoy the schooner. We sailed on Windjammer cruises in the Caribbean i the 90's and did not like it much. But we had heard the Maine Schooners are differant and VERY enjoyable !

Yes wonderful

Schooner Mary Day:D

Camden Maine

Captain Barry

www.schoonermaryday.com

family2007nealparent.jpg

Archived