Anyone Try This Excursion???

My husband and I did it last June. It is a strenous excursion. The hike is lightweight and beautiful, but the caves are a lot of squatting and climbing. There are bats and bugs in the caves and water, so you will get your shoes wet. The only light is from your helmet light. You also have to repel down to the caves and climb out via a rope. I did better coming out than going in. I was the oldest one in the group (52) and I did it, but I was sore the next day.

Hi cabanachick. I guess this is the review of the excursion you were referring to in the other thread. As I mentioned there, we're actually on Serenade two weeks after you (a week after you get back), so I cannot tell you how any of the excursions are, but I listed the ones we considered and the ones we chose, based on all the information and feedback we got from folks over the last few months here on Cruise Critic.

Thanks for your review, suedcpa. I like hearing that it is a strenuous excursion. That's right what we're looking for. We're not jocks, but we are relatively fit, and looking to be challenged. We've got waterproof snandals (see photo below), so I suppose we should carry them with us and put them on in the cave. Or do you think we could we use them for the entire hike (i.e., relatively clearly trodden paths for the hiking portion)?

I don't like bugs are bats, so hopefully that part isn't too bad. Is there anything you wish you had done that you didn't, to deal with the bugs, or any other advice you have in that regard?

harborsoles_1812_3372483.gif

Archived