Carnival Credit card

JackieH

Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question. Is there more then one Carnival credit card? When we had a RCCL credit card, we could earn money towards OBC..

BUT..when I received the application and read it all, it seemed you can only earn points toward a cruise?

Did I read that right,or can you earn towards OBC? Is there only one Carnival Credit card?

OP: you read it right. The Carnival Card is points only. They can be very difficult to deal with when booking thru them if there is any kind of problem. I say this from actual experience. Carnival is in the process of stopping their relationship with the current card and will be having a new card out soon. You will make out much better using a cash back card. I use the AARP card that pays between 1 and 5 percent cash back. I just recently got a Blue American Express card that pays between 1 and 10 percent back. Their travel section seems to offer some very good added comps if booking travel and cruises thru them.

We just paid ours off and cut it up. Even though we used it quite a bit we never racked up enough sea miles to amount to anything. Then they jacked the interest rate to 16% if you carried any balance a month ago. I was not happy with them. It was my husbands card and he and I both have excellent credit ratings. When we called to ask them about it they just oh well! So we did too! Went back to nothing but our Amex which gives us excellent points use.:D

I just used ours to book a cruise and then I am never using it again. We did get the cruise for free but had to pay $100 approx for tax or something. The thing that made me decide to not use it again is that the cruise cannot be changed to another one for any reason without stiff penalities.

Archived