Musica - Sept. 20th, 11th deck?

cathy cruisin

We are in a balcony cabin on 11th deck. Does anyone have any experience with deck 11 in terms of motion. I understand now after I booked that can feel lots of sway up there. Booked as cat 11 which seemed like a good thing at the time. Any suggestions or advise?:confused:

From the deck plan it looks good to me. It is more important to avoide being directly under the pool area or directly above the main cabaret lounges to avoid noise.

It is true that in very bad weather (not usuaual sailing conditions) that the cabins on the top decks and especially those forward ones will feel the movement more than those midships lower down. However your deck is not right at the top of the ship. We were on 12 on the Fantasia and didn't feel a thing.

In the Med in september it is more than likely you will not have very rough seas at any time, although you can be unlucky and have a storm for a while on one day. It might be a different story in the middle of winter or on an Ocean voyage. Anyway even if it does get bad it won't be for long and it improves as soon as the stabilisers are deployed.

I really don't think that you have anything to worry about. Look forward to yourcruise and have a ball!

We stayed on the 10th deck (forward) during last years cruise on the Musica. The first two nights out the weather included wind and some rain. There was some movement. It wasn't bad and this being our first cruise we enjoyed being rocked to sleep. After getting to Katakolon the weather was nice and we didn't notice any movement.

The first two nights at the theatre, the performers did a great job as the movement was signifacant enough that the theatre curtains were swinging from side to side.

I don't know what your defination of "a lot of sway" is, but I'm sure you will find the movement minor and you will have a great cruise.

DT

Archived