Question about embarking without husband

rjan67

We are booking 2 inside cabins for myself and my dh and my 3 schoolage kids. Long story short is I will be driving to Port Canaveral from Ontario with myself, my Mom and 3 kids and dh will be joining us by flying down either the Friday night (which would solve my problem but possibly be a logistical nightmare) or Sat morning in which I would like to have him go directly from the airport to the boat and meet us on ship. However, dh is booked in one room with our boys and myself with my daughter in another. My mom is in a separate room with someone else. Will they let me board the ship if my dh isn't there to be the "adult" booked in the room with the kids? This isn't til March, but we were looking at flights and possible scenerios and are trying to figure this out! Thanks for any input!

We are booking 2 inside cabins for myself and my dh and my 3 schoolage kids. Long story short is I will be driving to Port Canaveral from Ontario with myself, my Mom and 3 kids and dh will be joining us by flying down either the Friday night (which would solve my problem but possibly be a logistical nightmare) or Sat morning in which I would like to have him go directly from the airport to the boat and meet us on ship. However, dh is booked in one room with our boys and myself with my daughter in another. My mom is in a separate room with someone else. Will they let me board the ship if my dh isn't there to be the "adult" booked in the room with the kids? This isn't til March, but we were looking at flights and possible scenerios and are trying to figure this out! Thanks for any input!

Call carnival they should know

I don't know the answer but wouldn't your TA or Carnival be able to tell you ahead of time?

Also, is it possible for you to meet your DH at the port first and then check in? Whoever is first there could maybe get a number ( if that's the procedure ) and then meet up and check in together?

Another thought - If he is flying in, wouldn't it be cheaper for you to pick him up at the airport so he doesn't have to pay for transport to the port? ( unless there's no room for him )

Hope it all works out for you.:D

If it was just another adult checking in later, that would be fine. I don't think they will let the kids check-in without the adult in the same cabin checking in with them though. If you are staying in the Canaveral area the night before the cruise, get him to phone you when he boards the shuttle bus at Orlando, and meet him outside the terminal 45 or so minutes later. Assuming you both have cell phones, it would be a snap to meet up at the pier.

Archived