Best time to grab a deal?

broooce

Stumbled on this forum and have learnt an amazing amount love the tips and reviews keep them coming!

We are 2 adults and an 8 yr old looking to do a 4 day cruise next July or August, we have still to book our flights. The Disney website is quoting around $3000, however when I try to book a cruise last minute for the next week or so the price is around $1700. Does this mean the best time to book is last minute or is there some other reason for the disparity?

Also are other cruise sellers likely to be cheaper than direct with Disney?

thanks in advance

Dave

Stumbled on this forum and have learnt an amazing amount love the tips and reviews keep them coming!

We are 2 adults and an 8 yr old looking to do a 4 day cruise next July or August, we have still to book our flights. The Disney website is quoting around $3000, however when I try to book a cruise last minute for the next week or so the price is around $1700. Does this mean the best time to book is last minute or is there some other reason for the disparity?

thanks in advance

Dave

July and August is a much more popular time to cruise, therefore it will cost more than next week (which is in low season due to hurricanes and kids in school). Also, next year one of the ships is in Europe for the summer so there will be more demand and thus higher prices on the remaining ship.

Disney does not allow sellers to discount their cruises. The only difference will be with shipboard credit, perks, etc. I would suggest booking now for best rates - you can adjust the price or often rebook if a better deal comes along.

Most of the major carriers leave from Port Canaveral like DCL, and offer 3-4 night cruises to the Bahamas for half the price of DCL. However, you are paying 'extra' for the Disney experience. The rooms are much larger, you get characters, activities, etc. ALL Disney! Just like going to Disney World, you could stay at a Days Inn offsite for $40/night or stay onsite at a Disney Resort from $82/night. Do you want that Disney magic that happens to be on a cruise sailing to the Bahamas, or do you just want a short cruise to the Bahamas? To me, the Bahamas isn't on my list of places to see. I do love Disney though, am going in October this year and am planning my November 2010 trip to include the cruise. If it wasn't Disney I wouldn't do it. If I want to do a typical 'cruise' it will be leaving from NY to Bermuda for 7 days or from Miami to the Caribbean for 7 days. I'm not speaking from experience though, only from my research, others opinions, and my observations. Hopefully someone who has done all of the above can chime in too.

I'm not a Florida resident so not sure why you're asking in Florida. They had a kids sale free today on certain dates. You have to put in the code KFO. It's listed on the special offer section on the website. Anyway, I had a reservation for myself and my granddaugher and when this sale appeared I grabbed it because for $162 I could add my adult daughter. It was a cat. 12 gty, but I checked just now and there doesn't appear to be any more cat. 12's so the price went up almost $300 for a cat. 11. Hope this helps.

Archived