First time crusers, We have some questions?

frankb12

Hello All, Sounds like a big family here. I have been reading alot of different things from starting on ship to finish. So here goes( some of this may sound dumb)

1) We have a spa deluxe room. So do we get to eat on the same floor (14) B/lunch?

2) When getting on the ship are there two lines to enter. I'm not sure what they ment when they said you don't have to waite to long to board the ship.

3) If I was to order lobster for a meal, Do you get to have more than one. Do you have to pay extra for each one?

We are on the Oct 9 2010 and looking forward to having a good time. Thanks for any help to the newbees. Frank and Carla

Hello All, Sounds like a big family here. I have been reading alot of different things from starting on ship to finish. So here goes( some of this may sound dumb)

1) We have a spa deluxe room. So do we get to eat on the same floor (14) B/lunch?

2) When getting on the ship are there two lines to enter. I'm not sure what they ment when they said you don't have to waite to long to board the ship.

3) If I was to order lobster for a meal, Do you get to have more than one. Do you have to pay extra for each one?

We are on the Oct 9 2010 and looking forward to having a good time. Thanks for any help to the newbees. Frank and Carla

Welcome guys.

I'm afraid I don't see where you hope to eat on Deck 14. The Great Outdoors and the Garden Cafe are on Deck 15, the other dining options appear to be on 5, 6 and 7. If you're asking whether you have access to the Courtyard and the Epic Club restaurant, the answer would be no, since you are not in a Suite.

Since the ship hasn't been built yet, I doubt that anyone will be able to answer your question about the boarding process.

I'm allergic to lobster, so I can't answer that question either. :(

When they roll out the Epic next year, NCL will also roll out Freestyle 3.0. At this point, I'm not exactly sure how and if the menu's or specialty restaurant fees are going to change. When we were on the Star in December, on "Dress Up or Not" night, they had a small lobster tail in the Main Dinning Room - I ordered 2. The MDR has no surcharge and you can order as much as you want. In the surcharge restaurants, lobster is available every night for an additional fee on top of the surcharge fee. We ate at Le Bistro's ($15 p.p.) and Summer's End ($10 p.p.) and could eat and order as much as we wanted. We did not spend extra for the lobster so I'm not sure.

1. As mentioned before since you are not in a suite you will not be able to eat or access the courtyard but will be able to eat in any of the other venues from what I understand.

2. As far as boarding as mentioned this ship is not yet built but there is usually 2 lines. One for suite guests and one for everybody else which will include you. The lines generally move rather quickly but may take some time depending on when you arrive.

3. It depends on the restaurant. The main dining rooms usually allow you to order more than one entree such as lobster however the specialty restaurants which serve lobster nightly is generally a more premium lobster that is charged per entree so if you are willing to pay $25 or $30 what ever it will be for each lobster tail then I suppose that you could technically order multiple entrees.

Thanks, I believe you guys answered the questions. Also when you stop at a port can you just walk off the ship. Do they have shops close to the dock or a town that can be walked too.

Depends which port.

When we were in St. Petersburg, you needed a Visa, and we were at an industrial dock. Many times you dock at an industrial port outside of the city.

Thanks, I believe you guys answered the questions. Also when you stop at a port can you just walk off the ship. Do they have shops close to the dock or a town that can be walked too.

Frank, if you are on the Epic October 9, 2010 sailing, you will be doing the E. Caribbean to which your ports will be Phillipsburg, Sint Marteen (Dutch side); St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas. All of these ports have shopping within walking distance of the dock. If you are wanting to visit downtown Charlotte Amalie while in St. Thomas, you will need to take one of those open-air taxi trams which I believe cost a dollar or so. Phillipsburg is walkable but if you want to visit Marigot (St. Martin French side), you will have to take a taxi.

If you go over to Ports of Call - Caribbean, you will find a forum for St. Martin and St. Thomas. If you go to Ports of Call - Bahamas, you will find the Nassau forum. These forums can give you advise on what to do in each port.

Archived