Norwegian ports yarn shops

I will be on the Konigsdam this August stopping at Eidfjord, Alesund, Geiranger and Bergen. I love to knit (which I believe is a popular hobby in Norway) and I love collecting yarn. Can anyone tell me if there are any great knitting or even knitwear stores in those ports? Thanks!

Try googling Alesund knitting stores (or wool stores) and see if anything comes up. That is what I have been doing for things that interest me while I am in Norway. I have found some good information with Google. I have googled all the towns that I will be visiting and I have found shops to interest me everywhere. Enjoy your cruise! :-)

I will be on the Konigsdam this August stopping at Eidfjord, Alesund, Geiranger and Bergen. I love to knit (which I believe is a popular hobby in Norway) and I love collecting yarn. Can anyone tell me if there are any great knitting or even knitwear stores in those ports? Thanks!

Dale of Norway is one of the great brands of Norwegian knitware. I know sweaters by this brand are widely available in Bergen. If you really want to indulge your passion for knitting while in Bergen, consider visiting the Dale Factory. You'll need to organize an excursion since it is 34 Kilometers from the city center. Here's what the web site says, "To see the complete museum and factory, a guided group tour has to be booked in advance at e-mail: shop@dale.no, or phone +47 41 56 75 71. There is no charge for visiting the Factory Outlet and a limited part of the Museum."

Here's a link to a site created by a knitter who rates the yarn and knitwear shops in Bergen:

http://yarnlaboratory.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-state-of-yarn-shops-bergen.html

There's a great yarn store in Bergen called 'Strikkelykke'. It's located on Strandgaten which is right by the centre of town (just a couple of minutes stroll from the main pedestrian shopping strip). Address is 'Strandgaten 76, 5004 Bergen'. They have loads of nice stuff :).

http://www.strikkelykke.com/*****-oss/