Snuba

flip_flop_zone

Thinking of booking a Snuba excursion through Carnival at Nassau

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/nassau-the-bahamas/2-reef-snuba-adventure-424160?b=4E59337A67334F41657879745548516C3765326832513D3D#

Is this the best place to book it through? This particular one has good reviews.

Our other stops are Freeport & Half Moon Cay - is this available there or is there a must do excursion to do in FreePort? (don't say stay on the ship - we want to get off the boat on the islands since two of the three of us are first time cruisers. :))

Thanks for your input!

• 3 months later...

Did you have your cruise yet? We are thinking of doing the other Snuba excursion (5 hours vs 3) on our Feb 2018 cruise. It sounds like we have a similar itinerary (we stop at Princess Cays). I haven't seen much for Freeport yet, we will probably just check out Senior Frogs and the local shops.

HI - we did take our trip in January and we booked the Snuba through Carnival and we were very happy with the trip and the staff. After the excursion we shopped around the area near the port.

In Freeport we booked through Carnival for the Kayak tour and again we were very happy with the experience. After visiting Freeport, I do not think I would venture off on our own but there was a lot to the island that we didn't see. We did the excursion and the small shopping that was near the port.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/freeport/freeport-kayak-and-nature-experience-416003

We did not plan any excursions for our stop at Half Moon Cay - we loved just sitting on the beach and soaking up the beauty! :)

Enjoy your cruise!

HI - we did take our trip in January and we booked the Snuba through Carnival and we were very happy with the trip and the staff. After the excursion we shopped around the area near the port.

In Freeport we booked through Carnival for the Kayak tour and again we were very happy with the experience. After visiting Freeport, I do not think I would venture off on our own but there was a lot to the island that we didn't see. We did the excursion and the small shopping that was near the port.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/freeport/freeport-kayak-and-nature-experience-416003

We did not plan any excursions for our stop at Half Moon Cay - we loved just sitting on the beach and soaking up the beauty! :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you had good experiences and the kayak tour looks very nice - might have to see if we can work it into the budget. We also plan to REST at Princess Cays and enjoy the beach day :cool:

I have heard that the water can still be cool in the winter months (we are going in February). Did you find it chilly for the snuba (or beach day)? I grew up on Lake Erie so I probably will be fine with 70's for water temps, but wasn't sure if a dive suit was necessary vs. just swim suit.

Thank you again for your input, and encouraging a ship based tour. It seems that most recommendations are to use private tours, but I haven't seen the prices being appreciably cheaper for similar excursions.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you had good experiences and the kayak tour looks very nice - might have to see if we can work it into the budget. We also plan to REST at Princess Cays and enjoy the beach day :cool:

I have heard that the water can still be cool in the winter months (we are going in February). Did you find it chilly for the snuba (or beach day)? I grew up on Lake Erie so I probably will be fine with 70's for water temps, but wasn't sure if a dive suit was necessary vs. just swim suit.

Thank you again for your input, and encouraging a ship based tour. It seems that most recommendations are to use private tours, but I haven't seen the prices being appreciably cheaper for similar excursions.

Yes, I saw the reviews to use private tours but being our first cruise, I wanted the convenience of the cruise tours just in case anything went astray and after our experience I would use them again.

The water was chillier in Half Moon Cay and FreePort but the water felt a lot warmer on the Snuba tour - I think we went near Rose Island near Nassau. We are from Colorado so of course we thought it was amazing for January LOL and we did not use wet suits at any port.

Enjoy! :)

• 2 months later...

flip_flop_zone.....you mentioned the Kayak in Freeport. We are considering this for our September cruise. No one in our group has kayaked before, and not really the athletic type. But wanted to venture out!! Will we be making a mistake??? How strenuous is it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi - I am sure you guys will enjoy kayaking, we had not kayaked before either and our 16 year old son was in his own and my husband rowed ours since I didn't keep time with him lol! It was a nice excursion and the beach at the end is amazing!