Post-Cruise Charges

I have just returned from an 8-day cruise of Northern Europe on the Independence of the Seas. I could write lots of things that were wrong (so wrong that I have a voucher for a discount on my next cruise) but overall life on board is amazing and I fully intend to book again at some future point. My query is regarding the so called mini-bar - literally 2 bottles of water - at $6 each. I didn't drink them yet I find that my final invoice includes a $12 charge for two bottles of water. I filled in a complaint form online and was told I may have to wait up to three days for a response - so far, no response. The thing is that my friend was also charged for the water even though he had unused credit on his account (another story). Are we just unlucky? Can we expect a refund at some future point? Is this charge simply added to every account? (This would be quite a nice boost for RC, especially if guests don't check their statement). Have other guests experienced the same thing? Let me stress again that cruising is amazing but this does leave a bad taste in the mouth (no pun intended). I'm interested in other guests experience regarding this.

Fellow U.K. Cruiser here.

I was on Indy for that sailing and they charged me too .

However, I picked up the charge and went to the services desk that Saturday morning we disembarked . They removed the charge without question. Difference was they only charged me $10 for the two bottles of Evian.

The credit they raised for some reason left 10 cents on My A/c why I don't know but my credit card that was lodged with them has been debited by 8 pence !!!!

"EVERY LITTLE HELPS"

Thanks for reporting back.

The same thing happened to me on enchantment of the Seas. Please check your bills very carefully. We had 4 errors on our bill - in Royal Caribbean's favour - and our cruise was only 7 days [emoji30]. Not good.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I have just returned from an 8-day cruise of Northern Europe on the Independence of the Seas. I could write lots of things that were wrong (so wrong that I have a voucher for a discount on my next cruise) but overall life on board is amazing and I fully intend to book again at some future point. My query is regarding the so called mini-bar - literally 2 bottles of water - at $6 each. I didn't drink them yet I find that my final invoice includes a $12 charge for two bottles of water. I filled in a complaint form online and was told I may have to wait up to three days for a response - so far, no response. The thing is that my friend was also charged for the water even though he had unused credit on his account (another story). Are we just unlucky? Can we expect a refund at some future point? Is this charge simply added to every account? (This would be quite a nice boost for RC, especially if guests don't check their statement). Have other guests experienced the same thing? Let me stress again that cruising is amazing but this does leave a bad taste in the mouth (no pun intended). I'm interested in other guests experience regarding this.

We are sailing on Adventure of the Seas on the 29th. No one in the 3 cabins we have will want anything from the mini bar. Could we ask them to remove everything after we embark to avoid these fraudulent charges? I have done that on other cruise lines to give us more space.

I was on this cruise as well. I am curious about what else was very wrong. If you care to share