Help with Hotel Pre-cruise in Boston

kendy

Help!!

My husband and I, mid 60's, are staying in Boston 1 night pre-cruise on October 5th, 2017. We are getting into the airport around noon. We would like to go to the Big tourist market and then have dinner at a local place that's more casual than fancy. We have toured Boston history areas a few years ago. What area should we stay in? We plan to use UBER to get around. We don't need a fancy hotel, we usually stay in Hampton or Holiday Inn Type hotels. Should i go with a 3 star on hotwire?? I just really do not cherish the idea of paying 3-4 hundred dollars for the hotel. thank you in advance for your help.

Help!!

My husband and I, mid 60's, are staying in Boston 1 night pre-cruise on October 5th, 2017. We are getting into the airport around noon. We would like to go to the Big tourist market and then have dinner at a local place that's more casual than fancy. We have toured Boston history areas a few years ago. What area should we stay in? We plan to use UBER to get around. We don't need a fancy hotel, we usually stay in Hampton or Holiday Inn Type hotels. Should i go with a 3 star on hotwire?? I just really do not cherish the idea of paying 3-4 hundred dollars for the hotel. thank you in advance for your help.

I'm seeing a 3* hotel in the Seaport District for Oct 5 for $129 plus taxes and fees. This is likely to be the Element or Aloft, but could be Residence Inn. This is a steal for your date and I would grab it. Any of these hotels are new within the last few years.

This hotel will be one of the closest hotels to the port. The whole Seaport area has been developed over the last 20 years and is primarily offices and hotels with access to the waterfront. You can easily Uber over to the Quincy Market area. You can also get to the Seaport area for free on the Silverline from the Airport and can walk or Uber to the hotel. I can provide more details if you're interested.

Thank you so much for the encouragement to book it! I just did It is the Aloft. so... I'm just fine with that. Any other advice you have would be greatly appreciated. thanks again

Thank you so much for the encouragement to book it! I just did It is the Aloft. so... I'm just fine with that. Any other advice you have would be greatly appreciated. thanks again

I will answer but give me a day or two. DD and DGD's are visiting

I saw that Aloft came out to about $160 with fees and taxes. That's an incredible deal in central Boston on a weekday night in October.

Aloft is about 5 blocks from the Silverline T. You can save some money if you hop on the free Silverline at the airport and go to the World Trade Center street stop, which is the first stop after you leave the airport. From there an Uber ride to Aloft should be under $10.

There are now a lot of restaurants to choose from in the Seaport District. These are not particularly touristy - they are there to service the office buildings and hotels that are now in the area. https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Seaport+District+Restaurants&find_loc=Boston,+MA&start=0

Thanks for the info on the silver line. Is that a Bus? or rail line? would it be easy to get an uber from the world trade center or should we just uber from airport to aloft? We will have 2 suitcases and 1 carry-on, all rollers,

After we check in I think we would like to go to Quency market for a while. Then dinner somewhere locals like. Any suggestions in that area?

Thanks for the info on the silver line. Is that a Bus? or rail line? would it be easy to get an uber from the world trade center or should we just uber from airport to aloft? We will have 2 suitcases and 1 carry-on, all rollers,

After we check in I think we would like to go to Quency market for a while. Then dinner somewhere locals like. Any suggestions in that area?

The Silver Line is an articulated bus. The SL1 Logan airport bus has luggage racks most of the time and stops on the arrivals level of each Logan Airport terminal. Get on the rear door because there is more space in the back. (Note: the SL2 silver Line services Black Falcon Terminal, so on return it is possible to go to Logan Airport for $2.75/pp with a transfer to the SL1 via escalator/elevator at the indoor World Trade Center Station)

Don't know how easy it will be to get an Uber at the World Trade Center, but the Seaport Hotel is across the street and they have a cab stand on Seaport Lane which is across the street at the traffic light at the corner just beyond where the bus stops.

I'm not the best person to recommend Quincy Market restaurants. The Union Oyster House is the most famous. A lot depends on what you like to eat.