Galveston - Black Pearl Oyster Bar

EBFURR

I am an oyster fan (steamed) and the wife likes shrimp. I found the Black Pearl online and am looking for feedback on this place or another with good oysters. We like casual and not too expensive, but good. Would rather pay for food than fancy atmosphere. Any recommendations on this place or any other on the island for pre-cruise dinner?

Thanks!

I am an oyster fan (steamed) and the wife likes shrimp. I found the Black Pearl online and am looking for feedback on this place or another with good oysters. We like casual and not too expensive, but good. Would rather pay for food than fancy atmosphere. Any recommendations on this place or any other on the island for pre-cruise dinner?

Thanks!

They have very good food that is made from scratch. If I remember correctly they serve oysters at least five different ways. I usually get the grilled salmon when I go there. It's absolutely delicious and within walking distance of The Strand and the Cruise Terminal.

I'm going to Second Willie G's too. We bring all the out-of-towners here first .it's just a good atmosphere. Excellent drinks. I never have to worry if something's going to go wrong .

We always use the Open Table app. So our table is ready when we get there.

Because it's usually very busy at the Pearl for a small place .The lines are incredibly long and it's hot. And the food just not worth waiting 45 minutes to eat. It's a pretty good place for hipsters though .Hipsters don't mind spending 45 minutes in a line for dinner.

Sent from Samsung's Galaxy using speech to text

I'm going to Second Willie G's too. We bring all the out-of-towners here first .it's just a good atmosphere. Excellent drinks. I never have to worry if something's going to go wrong .

We always use the Open Table app. So our table is ready when we get there.

Because it's usually very busy at the Pearl for a small place .The lines are incredibly long and it's hot. And the food just not worth waiting 45 minutes to eat. It's a pretty good place for hipsters though .Hipsters don't mind spending 45 minutes in a line for dinner.

Sent from Samsung's Galaxy using speech to text

Thanks for the heads up on the lines. We are definitely not hipsters. :)

I don't mind 15 min. or so; longer if there is a bar to wait at. I will look at Willie G. as well.

Black Pearl and Willie G's are solid choices. We also like Benno's on the Seawall but they are limited to fried entrees or Cajun grilled plus crawfish and gumbo(when crawfish are in season). Both Black Pearl and Bennos are small places and at Benno's you place your order at the counter and the food is brought to you.

Black Pearl and Willie G's are solid choices. We also like Benno's on the Seawall but they are limited to fried entrees or Cajun grilled plus crawfish and gumbo(when crawfish are in season). Both Black Pearl and Bennos are small places and at Benno's you place your order at the counter and the food is brought to you.

Benno's is a tourist cafe not a dining restaurant.

They slop the food at you , you eat and leave with no service .